The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

EDIT: I'm changing this thread to a main thread about speaker demonstrations.
    I'll be uploading one new speaker each week, so it's a little crazy to open a new thread for that.
    These speaker demonstration are focusing on clean, crunch and high gain.
    I wanted this to be for all kinds of guitar players.
    Also both in a mix and RAW guitar tracks.

These are the speakers I have done already:
    Celestion Neo Creamback
    Celestion Lynchback
    Celestion T-75
    Celestion Creamback M-65
    Celestion Cream (alnico)
    Celestion Neo 250 Copperback

These are the ones coming soon:

Celestion Vintage 30 (mesa)
    Celestion Creamback H75
    Celestion V-Type
    Celestion A-Type
    Celestion H30 anniversary edition

Celestion Neo Creamback
    The demo has clean, crunch and high gain tone, so I hope it satisfies all sorts of guitar players. Both a band setup 'in the mix' and 'raw guitars only' demonstration.

I hope you like it and there's a lot more coming, so if you don't want to miss out, feel free to subscribe, it's definitely appreciated.

Additional info in the description of the video (pickups used, etc...)

Celestion Lynchback

The Lynchback is a modern sounding speaker, great for high gain but somewhat darker than most speakers.
    I'm not entirely sure if this speaker is still made, it looks like they don't sell it anymore, although it's still listed on the official Celestion website.

Celestion G12T-75

Celestion Creamback M-65

Celestion Cream

Celestion Neo 250 Copperback

Last edited by c_tecks; 12-27-2020 at 07:08 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Awesome!

Next, let's hear Seven Come Eleven.

User Info Menu

Stylish shredding! The Neo Creamback is an excellent speaker, no question. Fender selected it for their Blonde Tone Masters despite the "undersize" 60W power rating instead of the 100W for the Jensens in the black versions. The question for this Forum is: is it good for jazz? In short, yes. I've had a couple and found them ok. If a customer wants one, I'll get it. However, in my opinion, the Jensen N12/100 Tornado does the job even better: 100W rating, very balanced and more top end sparkle when needed. That's the one on Fender's Benson signature Twin Reverb. I've installed about 200 Tornados and never encountered a quality issue. My 10" and 12" Bass Toobs are all loaded with Celestion Neos (BN10-200X, BN12-300S), which btw are great for jazz guitar, too.
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 11-23-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Stylish shredding! The Neo Creamback is an excellent speaker, no question. Fender selected it for their Blonde Tone Masters despite the "undersize" 60W power rating instead of the 100W for the Jensens in the black versions. The question for this Forum is: is it good for jazz? In short, yes. I've had a couple and found them ok. If a customer wants one, I'll get it. However, in my opinion, the Jensen N12/100 Tornado does the job even better: 100W rating, very balanced and more top end sparkle when needed. That's the one on Fender's Benson signature Twin Reverb. I've installed about 200 Tornados and never encountered a quality issue. My 10" and 12" Bass Toobs are all loaded with Celestion Neos (BN10-200X, BN12-300S), which btw are great for jazz guitar, too.
    Thanks for the info, I actually never played Jensen speakers.
    I also don't own any other speakers then Celestions so far.
    It's probably because I'm most of all a high gain metal player and nothing so far that I've heard from other brands was mindblowing to me.

I just saw they do have a cool speaker demo application on their website: https://www.jensentone.com/demo

Although it looks cool I don't really like any of those distorted clips.
    Still, I might just need to buy one to give them a try.

Which ones do you like the most?
    Also, do you buy neo speakers (in general) because they're lightweight or because you specifically like their sound?

User Info Menu

Which ones do you like the most?
    Also, do you buy neo speakers (in general) because they're lightweight or because you specifically like their sound?

[/QUOTE]

Jensen N12 100 Tornado is a great allround Neo. The Stealth 100 is the same, except it has the bell cover, which just eats into the cab's volume. The Stealth 80 is expressly designed for high-gain playing but is not as popular as the Tornado. The Stealth 60 I haven't tried. As I make lightweight cabs - around 10 lbs loaded - Neos are the way to go. My sons play rock on a serious level, and they have used TOOB cabs on various gigs, as well as in studio. Check out our demo video "TOOB speaker cabinets in studio action" on YouTube.

Jensen N12 100 Tornado is a great allround Neo. The Stealth 100 is the same, except it has the bell cover, which just eats into the cab's volume. The Stealth 80 is expressly designed for high-gain playing but is not as popular as the Tornado. The Stealth 60 I haven't tried. As I make lightweight cabs - around 10 lbs loaded - Neos are the way to go. My sons play rock on a serious level, and they have used TOOB cabs on various gigs, as well as in studio. Check out our demo video "TOOB speaker cabinets in studio action" on YouTube.[/QUOTE]

Wow, happily surprised, very nice demo.
    Original design and it sounds great!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Hello fellow Finnish person (my parents are from there). Are you an amp builder in Finland?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    Hello fellow Finnish person (my parents are from there). Are you an amp builder in Finland?
    Terve!

Not amps but ultra-light TOOB speaker cabs. Over 300 made. Home New

User Info Menu

Definitely hearing a lot of "thunk" there (a fair amount of "bzzzzzzzzzz" and "Kaboom!" too. Is that the new version of the ES 175 that has been rumored?

John
    "Know your audience" - Ted Nugent

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=John A.;1078413]Definitely hearing a lot of "thunk" there (a fair amount of "bzzzzzzzzzz" and "Kaboom!" too. Is that the new version of the ES 175 that has been rumored?]

It's a -59 VOS from 2014. Thunk is also a speaker thang.

I've added the Lynchback demonstration today and changed the thread title.
    Would be a bit crazy to open a new thread for every speaker demo video I create.
    I hope you all like the work I put into this.

User Info Menu

I'm not sure everybody likes the work you put into this. Wrong forum, IMHO.

The G12T-75 has been added to the list.

Celestion Creamback M-65, Celestion Cream and the Copperback have been added to the thread.

User Info Menu

Thanx for the Copperback Demo!

I was wondering, if the basic sounds stays the same, using a 4 Ohm, 8 Ohm or 16 Ohm Version?
    Might be a stupid question... if so: sorry!
    Greez, Rainer

Quote Originally Posted by Rainer
    Thanx for the Copperback Demo!

I was wondering, if the basic sounds stays the same, using a 4 Ohm, 8 Ohm or 16 Ohm Version?
    Might be a stupid question... if so: sorry!
    Greez, Rainer
    Not a stupid question at all.

I haven't A/B compared this myself but what I've found out of watching YouTube video's about this topic in the past is that 16 Ohm usually sounds a bit crispier with weaker bass response.
    The overall characteristics of the speaker stay the same, so the difference is not huge.
    8 Ohm tends to sound a bit better/warmer.