The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 80 of 80

User Info Menu

You know Gitterbug, you are right. And just to add a little something, for my style of playing, a laminate is the perfect guitar for acoustic playing too. I play my 165 more acoustically now. I love the smooth sound that it’s deeper yet laminated body gives. Acoustically the big airy body never gets too loud and the sound never gets too busy. Electrically it sometimes does. My GB100 always stays clear, sharp and focused.
    It’s an outstanding electric jazz guitar.
    There is nothing wrong (and everything right) with a nice laminated guitar.
    Thanks. JD

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JFranck
    Nice job one more time, Joe !
    You mentioned "Autumn in New York" can't wait to hear you rendition on the GB100!
    JF,
    My next song, will be Moonlight in Vermont. That’s what I “meant” to say. I’m sorry buddy.
    Right now, I am going over the 30+ other pieces I play. When I learn a new piece, I somehow lose parts of the other songs I know. I don’t want to forget most of the other songs so I try to rotate them back in after I’m done learning a new song.
    I think I did Autumn years ago. I have long forgotten it. See, another one I’ll have to polish up...
    Thanks Buddy.
    JD

User Info Menu

Picked up this little number from Swansea (Wales) this afternoon.

What can you say? It's made in Japan, it plays itself and it's associated with George Benson.

The guitar is lighter than I thought it would be and very comfortable to play. The notes are all round and warm with good punch.
    It's not too thick in the low end and thin in the trebles.
    The body depth does come through in the tone and it does have a woodiness to it, within reason.
    Let's not talk about the neck. They're unsurpassed.

I've not gelled with Gb-10's in the past but I think the 100, with the extra body depth, gives me enough of what I would wanted, from a guitar this size.

For what it is and what it want's to achieve, It's a solid 9/10

If you want to hear one, Joe Denisco has some great videos.

Better pics to follow.

Ibanez GB100-img_7851-jpeg

Ibanez GB100-img_7852-jpeg

Ibanez GB100-img_7853-jpeg

Ibanez GB100-img_7854-jpeg
    Last edited by Archie; 09-15-2021 at 06:55 PM.

User Info Menu

I’ll start)))

Lovely instrument! Love the striping front, back, and neck.
    Agree no way to beat an Ibanez MIJ neck, let’s continue to keep it a secret)))

Enjoy it and play in good health!

jk
    Last edited by jazzkritter; 09-15-2021 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Emoticon didn’t load

User Info Menu

Beautiful Ibanez AH!