The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Dad bought one of these behemoths in the 70’s and I know it was a brief collaboration between Gibson and Standel. I think it’s a tube/SS hybrid with a Maestro phaser. His was loaded with a 15” I think? It’s a funky amp with big oven range knobs and it weighs a ton. I remember him loading it into the back of the car when I was a kid and it swallowed the whole space. It used a fairly exotic and undesirable tube set, from what I can tell. Has anyone used one or have any information on this weird rig? I used it very briefly, years ago, but wondered if I could safely pull it from my moms house and plug in without damaging anything. It looked just like this one but with a single 15” instead of a twin 12” configuration.

SG Systems amp?-98c03b57-5800-417b-a122-8584f3be044e-jpeg
    Last edited by Esport; 11-22-2020 at 11:14 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Even if it doesn’t work anymore I’d like to have it in the studio just because of how cool it looks.

User Info Menu

Have fun carrying that thing,and make sure to book a chiropractic appt as well,LOL

User Info Menu

Dig the 3 primary colored switches.

If it gets moved it’ll be moved once and then sat down forever! My dad would haul it around a few times a year and always complained over it. Does look cool, though. I think I’ll grab it over the holidays to bring home and see if there’s life in the old girl.