The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

from the 1964 gibson catalogue...the first appearance of the tal farlow model...after it's introduction at the '63 summer namm show

1964 US prices -Tal Farlow $610. Barney Kessel Custom $625, Barney Kessel Regular $465.

cheers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great guitars

User Info Menu

I really wish they had reissued the kessel custom as they did with the tarlow.
    Maybe i could have justified the price of a 90’s kessel. Such a cool design and they always sound so good.

User Info Menu

How about a 1963 Regular, original except for the pickups that had been harvested at some point and the buttons on the tuners which have been replaced (original machines). No bowties or snazzy headstock inlay, but spruce top and long heel of the early ones. Pickups are now Gibson MHS. It’s ready for a new home.

User Info Menu

Two of Gibson's more adventurous designs, with real flair! Very hip, IMHO.

User Info Menu

and here's johnny

cheers

User Info Menu

take 5, charlie...

cheers

User Info Menu

The "Regular" moniker always killed me, it sounded so stupidly inferior. Why not "Standard," like the Les Paul?

User Info Menu

Cool video neatomic.... thank you! d

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    from the 1964 gibson catalogue...the first appearance of the tal farlow model...after it's introduction at the '63 summer namm show

1964 US prices -Tal Farlow $610. Barney Kessel Custom $625, Barney Kessel Regular $465. cheers
    I owned a 1963 Gibson Barney Kessel Custom and it had the best neck I have ever played. Very, very nice guitar. And I think they absolutely beautiful.

DB