The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong, the tone of the guitar is great, but the playing is exceptional. Great stuff.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mauibob
    Went outside to the lanai to hear this video. Once play began noticed the palm trees started to rustle their leaves.. Then the Papaya trees started dropping their fruits.... Stopped the video there
    Sound too loud I guess....
    Paradise!
    Maui is a better place with you Bob. If that’s even possible. Say hi to my Johnny. I miss him.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    I was surprised when Ibanez ceased production of their GB100, it would sell well
    today I suspect. My first two ibanez were a JP20, and a GB10 almost 40years ago. and then a GB100, later, I still have a GB10 and an AF200, all of their models have outstandingly good QC, consistently,, I'm afraid to say that not all of the many Gibsons I have had met the same standard But when they get it right they are keepers , and I have four prime examples, three of which are Crimson Custom shop manufactured. As our friend Max405 has ably demonstrated the GB100 is an excellent guitar, very comfortable to play and with a superb neck. ( The GB10 has a 1/2" shallower body depth and is less ornate, but still an excellent model to own )
    Nice Video Joe !
    Thank you Foxman. I have a question. How does the neck on your GB10 compare to the neck on the 100? Are they the same? I honestly can’t remember how the neck was in my 10. The neck on this 100 is very similar to the neck on my JP20.
    JD

User Info Menu

Superb playing. And that tone! You could eat that with a spoon! Well done Sir, well done!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 50Hz
    Don't get me wrong, the tone of the guitar is great, but the playing is exceptional. Great stuff.
    Aww.. 50hz thanks man. I appreciate that a lot.
    Stringswinger always says, a great guitar inspires your playing. That is so true. I take to a guitar, and then I learn IT. A great guitar just makes me want to play more. Learning a new guitar requires learning and exploring. It keeps my passion alive and burning strong!
    Thanks again. And thank you everyone for the beautiful words.
    No doubt, I get WAAAYYY more enjoyment out of this than you do. I love it. Entertaining is in me blood.
    Thank you.
    JD

User Info Menu

Thx ... Sounds more mid-heavy, more bright maybe and not as "deep" as what is usually heard on this forum. Interesting and clearly shows me that A GB10(0) would bring something to the table to suplement my Metheny Ibanez.

Always wanted a GB, but somehow always passed on them when they actually showed up for sale .. I think I'd better pick one up the next time

User Info Menu

Like many here, I have enjoyed seeing and hearing your videos. I have also witnessed a progression in comfort in your playing that I am almost envious of, as I have not had the courage to take the video journey. The guitar you choose to play is irrelevant to me, but I am well aware of the importance in staying inspired. Hats off to you my friend, you help keep us all inspired.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skiboyny
    Like many here, I have enjoyed seeing and hearing your videos. I have also witnessed a progression in comfort in your playing that I am almost envious of, as I have not had the courage to take the video journey. The guitar you choose to play is irrelevant to me, but I am well aware of the importance in staying inspired. Hats off to you my friend, you help keep us all inspired.
    Thank you Skiboy.
    I have always battled the jitters when the red light goes on. I still don’t have a single recording where I felt like that was the best I’ve ever played it. I get nervous. It’s always my picking hand that gets me. That’s just me. I try to fight through it though.
    Thanks buddy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Superb playing. And that tone! You could eat that with a spoon! Well done Sir, well done!
    C74, thank you buddy. This one is in my permanent lineup. For sure. Guitar AND song!

User Info Menu

Marvelous rendition of this beautiful tune. Just perfect man!

User Info Menu

Wow, I missed this one the first time round. Beautiful version, Joe.

Joe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Wow, I missed this one the first time round. Beautiful version, Joe.
    Thank you John, I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    Marvelous rendition of this beautiful tune. Just perfect man!
    Mark, that means a lot to me coming from you. One of the best players we got here. Thank You.

Joe D