The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 122

User Info Menu

I want to play naff shred and bad fusion on a bedroom shred machine

im not sure how serious this is

Budget options that are strong contenders may threaten with actually being bought in a moment of weakness - less well known marques would be cool.

Block colour finishes preferable

Floyd Rose not mandatory

I like the no nonsense look of the Kramer Pacers and Ibanez RG550s.

Enable my GAS pls.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A Charvel San Dimas is a great guitar for not a lot of money.

User Info Menu

You might find something here for under 200 pounds.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by geese_com
    A Charvel San Dimas is a great guitar for not a lot of money.
    Oh that looks like the kind of thing.... but can I get my kicks on an even tighter budget I wonder? Pricing wise it’s similar to the Ibanez RG550 Genesis, although I think I prefer the way the Charvel looks.
    Last edited by christianm77; 11-19-2020 at 12:34 PM.

User Info Menu

I’d rather have a standard trem than a cheap Floyd btw

User Info Menu

Leave some money aside for the latex pants...they improve your speed.

User Info Menu

Any cheap Charvel/Jackson or Ibanez will get you there. ALOT of guitar for the money. Find one with a neck you like- the biggest differences between the 2 brands are the necks, they are quite different (I love Charvel/Jackson necks and don't get on at all with Ibanez necks)

My qualifications:

Vaguely want a pointy widdle machine-a1-jpgVaguely want a pointy widdle machine-a2-jpg

User Info Menu

No...spandex!

User Info Menu

I regret selling this one but i wasnt playing it. Japanese charvel.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    You might find something here for under 200 pounds.

200 imperial credits of the realm? I’ve been watching too much Anderton’s TV but I find Rob Chapman’s unique combination of smugness and excruciating dad jokes strangely compelling.

I have to say I thought the Ibanez the weakest of the guitars here sonically. The grey one sounded good!

EDIT: Eastcoast; now discontinued. Through body stringing. Face it, I am a tele boy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Any cheap Charvel/Jackson or Ibanez will get you there. ALOT of guitar for the money. Find one with a neck you like- the biggest differences between the 2 brands are the necks, they are quite different (I love Charvel/Jackson necks and don't get on at all with Ibanez necks)

My qualifications:

Vaguely want a pointy widdle machine-a1-jpgVaguely want a pointy widdle machine-a2-jpg
    Hair!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Leave some money aside for the latex pants...they improve your speed.
    Well I’d need this one then:
    Kramer Pacer Vintage Electric Guitar (Tiger)

User Info Menu

Look into Harley Benton and whatever Gear4Music offer. My son's a shredder and he loves Charvels. As for the amp, I just learned today that your Metro 6.5BG and a H & K Spirit of Metal are a mean, mean combination even outside the bedroom.

And oh yes, how does this (a TOOB 12Grrrrr Custom) rhyme with your animal instincts?
    Attached Images Attached Images Vaguely want a pointy widdle machine-toob_leopard-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Look into Harley Benton and whatever Gear4Music offer. My son's a shredder and he loves Charvels. As for the amp, I just learned today that your Metro 6.5BG and a H & K Spirit of Metal are a mean, mean combination even outside the bedroom.
    Ahahahahhaahahahhahahaa!!!!

Bwouhahahahaha

I will have my cheap thrills.

That H&K Vintage is the bomb. Why is it so hi fi with the top end though? It’s fine for jazz but sounds weird driven.

User Info Menu

The Benton fusions look nice. Anyone have experience with them, or do I have to go to the strange bald man who reviews them on the YouTubes?

User Info Menu

And oh yes, how does this (a TOOB 12Grrrrr Custom) rhyme with your animal instincts?
    Wild!

Could I have 4 of them in a special lightweight rack?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Hair!
    Ironic that I now have very little!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Ironic that I now have very little!!!
    Well it can’t be said you didn’t enjoy it

User Info Menu

Harley Benton Fusion-II HH Roasted SSP – Musikhaus Thomann

You're welcome

Have the urge myself from time to time - especially since buying that kingsley ministrel.

User Info Menu

With thomann's return policy it's probably a no-brainer. It seems that they are taking pride in their house brand and have good quality control...

btw: everything OK with you? Just asking....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blue_lu
    Harley Benton Fusion-II HH Roasted SSP – Musikhaus Thomann

You're welcome

Have the urge myself from time to time - especially since buying that kingsley ministrel.
    Its not bright green, but I’m willing to overlook that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    With thomann's return policy it's probably a no-brainer. It seems that they are taking pride in their house brand and have good quality control...

btw: everything OK with you? Just asking....
    Hahahaha

No

User Info Menu

Vaguely want a pointy widdle machine-0b9e5873-357c-440b-96fb-87e8a990af0b-jpg

User Info Menu

That HB looks like it has a Wilkinson vibrato- that's one of the better fender-style (non-Floyd Rose) ones out there. That's a nice looking guitar. Not real pointy, LOL, but definitely fusiony.

User Info Menu

I got one of them pointy guitars back around 2000, an Ibanez RG 470 New Penny color. Hardly ever played it because, well, it's a pointy type guitar. But it plays really nice, and stays in tune forever. I remember buying it new for around $250, just looked at Reverb.com and found one for $599, what!

Further research, made in Japan in 2000. Didn't even know what I had. Ha.

Here it is in action, go to 2:27 of this video. Not shred, this old dog ain't learning any new tricks. Hmm, kind of sounds like all of my other guitars. Notice the really nice Ibanez from 1977 in the background.