The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 122

User Info Menu

None greener!!!!1!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Somewhat more practical, pointy in a different way, but just as capable of abetting widdlery, naff shredding and bad fusion:

User Info Menu

The matching curly cable!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 50Hz
    Green, Tele, pointy. There you go.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    The matching curly cable!
    God is in the details.

User Info Menu

Or the devil

User Info Menu

i would imagine that most of these low end pointy things are being made by the same plants in indonesia or china or korea regardless of whether they say harley benton or solar or schecter or ibanez or esp ltd or washburn or dean or whatever. find the color or shape or neck you like; there probably isn't much difference between them.

one exception, which might be a slightly more "sensible" alternative if you'd like something a touch more versatile or a touch less ridiculous would be a yamaha pacifica. they make all their own stuff and it's all gold at any price point. been thinking about this a bit since i've been curious about a longer scale guitar for heavier stuff. they come in p90/hum and hss variants and differing price points, this being their top of the line:
    Yamaha PAC611HFM Pacifica - Root Beer | Sweetwater

really love the yamaha revstar, too, but that's essentially a les paul and not a silly shred machine in the traditional sense.

one other option yet to be mention is the old school god of cheap pointy goodness, agile.
    https://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feet
    one other option yet to be mention is the old school god of cheap pointy goodness, agile.
    Rondo Music Electric Guitars
    There's an idear!

User Info Menu

Christian. You know this is really just a case of displacement GAS. It's what happens when you really need a 335, but refuse to admit it.
    Last edited by newsense; 11-21-2020 at 05:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feet
    i would imagine that most of these low end pointy things are being made by the same plants in indonesia or china or korea regardless of whether they say harley benton or solar or schecter or ibanez or esp ltd or washburn or dean or whatever. find the color or shape or neck you like; there probably isn't much difference between them.

one exception, which might be a slightly more "sensible" alternative if you'd like something a touch more versatile or a touch less ridiculous would be a yamaha pacifica. they make all their own stuff and it's all gold at any price point. been thinking about this a bit since i've been curious about a longer scale guitar for heavier stuff. they come in p90/hum and hss variants and differing price points, this being their top of the line:
    Yamaha PAC611HFM Pacifica - Root Beer | Sweetwater

really love the yamaha revstar, too, but that's essentially a les paul and not a silly shred machine in the traditional sense.

Rondo Music Electric Guitars
    Pacifica is practically a strat. I’d never live it down. (Good guitars tho.)

wait a sec isn’t that the Birelli model?

User Info Menu

You still haven't bought a new guitar??

Geesuz .. Kids these days .. Have no idea what actually constitutes GAS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles;[URL="tel:1076888"
    1076888[/URL]]There's an idear!

Wait until these losers get a load of me and my old guild; that thing has twelve strings! They put em on straight, too. Things were different back then.

Pacifica is practically a strat. I’d never live it down. (Good guitars tho.)

wait a sec isn’t that the Birelli model?
    I think so, but with a hot enough pickup and a better bridge, you can be a stealth dirt bag. You could even pull the neck pup.

User Info Menu

What the **** is the point of being a STEALTH dirt bag??????

User Info Menu

Jackson, Charvel or Ibanez!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    There's an idear!

That is not a guitar, that is a HARP!

User Info Menu

Ibanez RG550s.

Enable my GAS pls.

More seriously .. I looked up those Ibanez RG550s and given that they're MIJ then they're not all that expensive (everything is relative off course). Me being locking inside my appartment 24/7 more or less, being stressed as f... and not in the best of mood could use some december self care shopping.

You haven't actually tried a RG550, have you?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    More seriously .. I looked up those Ibanez RG550s and given that they're MIJ then they're not all that expensive (everything is relative off course). Me being locking inside my appartment 24/7 more or less, being stressed as f... and not in the best of mood could use some december self care shopping.

I have, they're very nice guitars, IF you get on with the neck shape, which is VERY thin. To my hands, it feels like playing a board (as opposed to the other end of the spectrum, a baseball bat, which would be a really fat neck).

But honestly, the RG550 is about as good as it gets for a affordable-but-still-excellent "pointy widdly machine" LOL.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    I have, they're very nice guitars, IF you get on with the neck shape, which is VERY thin. To my hands, it feels like playing a board (as opposed to the other end of the spectrum, a baseball bat, which would be a really fat neck).

But honestly, the RG550 is about as good as it gets for a affordable-but-still-excellent "pointy widdly machine" LOL.

I have an RG550, they are great, but extremely thin neck. Some people really like it, and some really hate it.

User Info Menu

No I have not. I'm not getting out to try any guitars any time soon.

But I hear good things.

User Info Menu

As an adolescent in the late 60s and early 70s I drooled over the "exotic" guitars from BC Rich. They looked really cool, even if the quality was not tremendous. Their current line-up includes the successor to the Rich Bitch - the Rich B Legacy Exotic (with or without Floyd Rose, and also twin neck....) which appears to have the potential for being a tehnically sound guitar (at 1500$+ list price it should be!). Although its "pointy" it has a sort of grace and the natural koa "Exotic" version is very attractive

Vaguely want a pointy widdle machine-rich-b-legacy-jpg

• Mahogany body, koa top
    • Grover imperial 18:1 tuners
    • through the body 3-piece maple neck with ebony fingerboard
    • 24 5/8 scale, 12" radius
    • passive electronics (2 volume, one tone)
    • three way switch for each pickup
      • full humbucker
      • coil split
      • reverse phase

• 5-way varitone
    Attached Images Attached Images Vaguely want a pointy widdle machine-rich-b-legacy-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Ironic that I now have very little!!!
    When the hair goes you have to switch from plain vanilla power chords to higher numbered diminished chords, maybe a 13th or 15th, or a 17th for effect. You give up the spandex for pegged pants and print ties and porkpie hats.

You lose your interest in the gain knob. Your fuzz box gathers dust.

That’s what she said...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ray175
    As an adolescent in the late 60s and early 70s I drooled over the "exotic" guitars from BC Rich.
    I too drooled over those. The guitarist for "meatloaf" used one on SLN back in the 70s.

Vaguely want a pointy widdle machine-bcrich-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I too drooled over those. The guitarist for "meatloaf" used one on SLN back in the 70s.

Vaguely want a pointy widdle machine-bcrich-jpg
    My good friend and colleague has an original BCR Mockingbird. It's a fine guitar, and looks cool. What more could one want?

User Info Menu

Darn .. My GAS was quickly killed by reality .. went down to my local guitar pusher to try out some pointy Ibanez guitars and their necks unfortunately all feel like playing one of these:

Oh well

User Info Menu

Darn .. My GAS was quickly killed by reality .. went down to my local guitar pusher to try out some pointy Ibanez guitars and their necks unfortunately all feel like playing one of these:

Oh well
    Might try a Harley Benton. Good neck profile on those apparently.