The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 122 of 122

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Franz 1997
    I imagine all those still following this thread are looking forward to a vid of you widdling..

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If you need an 80's Hair Metal outfit, you might be able to contact Dee Snider's wife from band "Twisted Sister," but make sure you pay her or you will run afoul of Dee!

Twisted Sister + Krokus May Finally End Sewing-Related Feud After 31 Years

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    Yes, if this thread won't have a video of Christian widdling on his new pointy guitar it will become Disappointment of the Year. And this year saw a lot of disappointments already. Also, need to shop for the right outfit, leather, chains, long hair wig, the works.
    Pink or green Mohawk or nuttin'.

User Info Menu

Wow, Disappointment of the Year 2020, no pressure lol.

Also not entirely sure which definition of widdling is being used here. Which makes me a little bit uncomfortable.

TBH buying myself a toy feels quite self indulgent - having bought a few decent instruments I generally only buy gear I actually need for work... but I might stretch to a Harley Benton though, and these seem like legitimately decent guitars, if you change the electronics.

User Info Menu

If I am Disappointment of the Year 2020 can someone do a little rosette that I can put on my website and social media?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Wow, Disappointment of the Year 2020, no pressure lol.

Also not entirely sure which definition of widdling is being used here. Which makes me a little bit uncomfortable.

TBH buying myself a toy feels quite self indulgent - having bought a few decent instruments I generally only buy gear I actually need for work... but I might stretch to a Harley Benton though, and these seem like legitimately decent guitars, if you change the electronics.
    i know man
    i really want a Harley B tele
    i don't need one but its soooo cheap

I mean , come on ! 200 quid !
    Harley Benton TE-90QM HH Trans Blue – Thomann UK
    Last edited by pingu; 11-30-2020 at 10:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Swap the pups out for Classic 57's or similar and you'd have a nice jazz tele I reckon.

I think a hod rod tele might work for me
    Harley Benton Fusion-T HH EB OCT – Thomann UK

User Info Menu

Swap the pups out for Classic 57's or similar and you'd have a nice jazz tele I reckon.

not pointy enough!

I think this one is much better, pointy and all!

Going to get me something similar later

Jackson RR22 BK Green Bevels USA – Thomann Sverige

User Info Menu

Point it up! Mickey Mouse ears will do just fine. Lesson starts 1:30, go for it.

User Info Menu

Oh boy. Started talking about pointy, and ends up with telecaster. It's like going for Thai food and ending up with fish and chips.

User Info Menu

Oh boy. Started talking about pointy, and ends up with telecaster. It's like going for Thai food and ending up with fish and chips.
    Give him time ... Let him start with that hot rod tele .. then he'll get a high gain pedal .. then he'll discover that the 40+ chicks love high gain, so out come the leather pants and before you know it ... bye bye Jazz

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    Give him time ... Let him start with that hot rod tele .. then he'll get a high gain pedal .. then he'll discover that the 40+ chicks love high gain, so out come the leather pants and before you know it ... bye bye Jazz
    I think his wife would have something to say about that

User Info Menu

I think his wife would have something to say about that
    Don't he deserve a wee bit of escapism from the trouble and strife at home?

Don't we all?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    Don't he deserve a wee bit of escapism from the trouble and strife at home?

Don't we all?
    Sure, thats why we on the forum so much.

User Info Menu

Pointy widdle machines do actually make you happy .. can confirm

User Info Menu

Slightly pointy and eminently useful, a Parker Nitefly is an incredible guitar that never caught on.

User Info Menu

I vagauely want a pointy widdle machine, not want a vaguely pointy widdle machine:-(

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by P.J.
    Slightly pointy and eminently useful, a Parker Nitefly is an incredible guitar that never caught on.
    I jammed with a guy who had one of those. We were working different shifts at the time, so nothing came of it. I recall the instrument as angular, light, and very good-sounding. Not pointy, but definitely indicating a direction. Forward.

User Info Menu

I vagauely want a pointy widdle machine, not want a vaguely pointy widdle machine:-(
    May I suggest the Ibanez Destroyer, or the even more priapic Iceman? Tried to get images, machine won't co-operate. See: Ass, Baalam's.

User Info Menu

Christian,
    I found what you need :
    Squier Katana 1985 Black d’occasion

User Info Menu

That is indeed very pointy. Probably a decent guitar too!

User Info Menu

These guys might have something suitable

RUN 11 Hype, V + X - NOW IN STOCK

Hope you all stay safe and have a great new year/