The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well, even tough I registered to this forum years ago, I never actually started playing Jazz until I got myself a beautiful Eastman AR810CE...two weeks ago.

Now I am wondering what strings would allow to bring out the acoustic voice of the instrument but also work well amplified?

All suggestions welcome!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new guitar -- enjoy!!

Some people love flats, and others love round, so you may want to play around with both to see what you like.

[I prefer rounds, and have been using Stringjoy for a few years.]

Marc

For the moment I have TI flat 13s on it and I am liking that a lot but I realise those are probably not the best to get the acoustic voice out to its full potential...

User Info Menu

I have the same guitar, it's a great instrument. I changed the supplied strings to D'Addario ECG24 chrome flat wound 11-50 which sound lovely both acoustic and amplified.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hebaton
    For the moment I have TI flat 13s on it and I am liking that a lot but I realise those are probably not the best to get the acoustic voice out to its full potential...
    If you like the TI flats, the obvious alternative would be their Bebop round wounds.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    If you like the TI flats, the obvious alternative would be their Bebop round wounds.
    I think he'll like the Bebops.

Thanks all of you for the comments. I beleive trying the Bebops makes sense since I am enjoying the Flats.
    I just have the feeling the guitar could give a little more acousticly with different strings ( from the flats )
    Kepp posting you suggestions tough, I will try a few different options before I settle on something.

Claude

User Info Menu

If your talking about strings that will give you more acoustic character when you play acoustically, but still sound right electrically I would recommend DR Zebra strings. They have both nickel and bronze windings (hence the name). It’s not a huge effect, but you will get a more traditional acoustic sound when played acoustically. I’ve used them mostly with an Eastman 805ce that I enjoyed playing acoustically
    Bill