The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 26

User Info Menu

Any news on when the Ibanez Slaman Pat Metheny model is coming out?
    Last edited by Rob MacKillop; 11-04-2020 at 07:31 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There's always one of these:
    Unity — Westville Guitars

User Info Menu

Somewhat beyond my budget, Helios. They have some find guitars on their website.

User Info Menu

I’m not certain I could ever splash that much without playing the guitar

User Info Menu

Interesting topic (as I am still on the hunt). I remember that long old thread - but in a nutshell: What will the differences be to the current PM models (from the infos that have been gathered so far)?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blue_lu
    Interesting topic (as I am still on the hunt). I remember that long old thread - but in a nutshell: What will the differences be to the current PM models (from the infos that have been gathered so far)?

Apart from the humbucker being replaced by a CC-type pickup? ... I don't think anyone knows

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    I’m not certain I could ever splash that much without playing the guitar
    Good thing they listed the conversion to dollars link! Talk about sticker shock?

In the 80's I took a cab from Narita airport to Tokyo, for a few minutes I forgot about my exchange rate chart and was uncomfortable watching the numbers zoom up in the meter, then I took out my calculator and realized that the fare was only $110 :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    Good thing they listed the conversion to dollars link! Talk about sticker shock?

In the 80's I took a cab from Narita airport to Tokyo, for a few minutes I forgot about my exchange rate chart and was uncomfortable watching the numbers zoom up in the meter, then I took out my calculator and realized that the fare was only $110 :-)
    Today's Tip: you can catch the train to Tokyo station right from the Narita airport. I had prepaid for a JR pass in Canada, so the fare was baked into rail pass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Any news on when the Ibanez Slaman Pat Metheny model is coming out?
    very good question! I’ve been wondering the same...keep checking back on the thread but seems off topic now

thanks for starting this one

I hope they do release a CC model, clearly a market for it

User Info Menu

called Ibanez, guy I talked to had no info......

User Info Menu

Was he high up in the chain?

User Info Menu

hard to say, talked to support guy but then he put me on hold to ask someone else, so I don't know how far up it went if any.

User Info Menu

Did you talk to support in the US or Japan (or elsewhere)))? I don’t think the distributer gets pulled in until later in the process.
    Or, gee I hope not, it could be a non US release like the AF180?

we all need to ping our Ibanez sources!

User Info Menu

I see no indication anywhere on the web Ibanez is actually building this other than that single picture posted on Instagram a while back (which looked very much like Ibanez had spontaneously brought him a rough prototype without a pickup to check out before a gig) --am I missing something?

Unless there is something else someone can point to, the answer seems to almost certainly be: "never."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steinny;[URL="[URL
    tel:1074768[/URL]"]1074768[/URL]]I see no indication anywhere on the web Ibanez is actually building this other than that single picture posted on Instagram a while back (which looked very much like Ibanez had spontaneously brought him a rough prototype without a pickup to check out before a gig) --am I missing something?

Unless there is something else someone can point to, the answer seems to almost certainly be: "never."
    damn shame
    i’d like one of those ....

User Info Menu

All these assumptions blew up from that picture of Pat, of which we know nothing about it’s context. From that we have people asking “when is the Ibanez Slamin model coming out”. Que?
    Given the small demand for PM models out there, I can’t see Ibanez bringing out an even more limited demand guitar than the current PMs.
    An MIJ PM is 4799 MSRP. How much more would a limited production version cost?
    I may be way off base but I think in our little sheltered jazz guitar world we do tend to think we are a larger market than we really are)))
    Sorry, only one cup of tea so far this AM, clearly I need more.

User Info Menu

Actually, I see now there are a few pictures from last year of Pat gigging with his Ibanez CC. It looks to be a very idiosyncratic design, unlike any other Ibanez archtop, so in the absence of specific information I still would assume there is not going to be a production model.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steinny
    Actually, I see now there are a few pictures from last year of Pat gigging with his Ibanez CC. It looks to be a very idiosyncratic design, unlike any other Ibanez archtop, so in the absence of specific information I still would assume there is not going to be a production model.
    What is idiosyncratic? *Two* toothbrushes?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EvansDrD
    I hope they do release a CC model, clearly a market for it
    They might sell tens!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

About how much would the actual Slaman model go for?

User Info Menu

Big, you can download a pdf price list here: Price List - New Vintage Guitars

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Big, you can download a pdf price list here: Price List - New Vintage Guitars
    Prices seem reasonable, for a custom luthier.

User Info Menu

I agree. Still beyond me, though. I don't mind a good luthier charging those prizes, and I've been down the road of commissioning suchlike before, but sadly those days are gone. No worries, though. I've been lucky enough to play some great guitars. The wheel turns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Prices seem reasonable, for a custom luthier.
    I agree - and I think Daniel is both 1) the best of the best, and 2) a very decent and honest person

For those of us in Europe, these are actually very good value. The Ibanez won't be cheap here if it does materialise and I doubt it will come close (I say this as somebody who loves MIJ Ibanez jazz boxes)