The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

This is a 2007 creation, so it is an early one. RhoadsScholar bought this a few years ago and has recently passed away. The guitar is a very good example of the model.

Jay Wolfe had urged Heritage to build this model, and he helped design it. Obviously it was based on the ES-225. The neck joint is better designed. It comes with a tuneomatic bridge. This one has a rigid tailpiece, not the usual lighter trapeze. Also, the Lollar P-90s not only sound great, but the reverse winding of the pickups cancels the hum when both pickups are on.

The finish is not usual for a Gibson 225 but really is pleasing and allows the flame to subtly show a 3D quality.

I've had a 225 and a couple of 525s. They sound pretty similar.

I had Pete Moreno make it like new.

I wanted to show the pics because the 225 and 525 are not given the attention they deserve IMO.

Flickr

Heritage H-525-100_0683-jpgHeritage H-525-100_0685-jpgHeritage H-525-100_0684-jpgHeritage H-525-100_0693-jpgHeritage H-525-100_0650-jpgHeritage H-525-100_0649-jpgHeritage H-525-100_0690-jpgHeritage H-525-100_0653-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Gorgeous (and P-90s -- mmmm)!! Congrats!

User Info Menu

Wow....just Gorgeous. Congrats!

User Info Menu

Beautiful woods and finish. Hope it sounds as good as it looks Thanks for posting the pictures!

User Info Menu

That's a real beauty - I always liked the 225 and 125 thinlines.

User Info Menu

A fine guitar in good hands. All is well with the universe.

User Info Menu

Wow !
    An ES 125 TDC or an H525 are my dream guitars. (among many others ..... !)
    Yours is a pure beauty
    Congrats !

User Info Menu

nice!! got that og george thorogood and the delaware destroyers thing goin on!!

congrats & enjoy

cheers

User Info Menu

A really fine-looking instrument. I'm certain that it sounds as good as it looks. The hum-canceling feature is not to be overlooked! A gem.

Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    Last edited by citizenk74; 10-31-2020 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Addition

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    nice!! got that og george thorogood and the delaware destroyers thing goin on!!

congrats & enjoy

cheers
    Don't know if this one was pointed to me but I'm more in the Marc Ribot vein :

OP, Sorry for the hi-jack, your H525 is really a jewell !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 339 in june
    Don't know if this one was pointed to me but I'm more in the Marc Ribot vein
    love ribot too..but wasn't responding to you (this time!! hah)..the thorogood old gibby coloring reminded me of mgs/rhoads heritage

cheers

User Info Menu

I wanted a 125 of 137 but got charmed by the 235. But money or lack there of... I may get a Yamaha aex520. Big Ribot fan, his stuff on Raindogs is unique! (Although Till the Money Runs Out on Heartattack and Vine is up there to and that was the guitarist from (I think) Earth Wind and Fire - would you believe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eck
    I wanted a 125 of 137 but got charmed by the 235. But money or lack there of... I may get a Yamaha aex520.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AEX 520 is the mini humbucker version, AEX 502 is the P90.

The 502 is a great value P90 guitar with excellent fit and finish for a bolt on budget guitar.

I've got one, took me a while to find a new one in a store after they were discontinued.
    Lucky to get it in tobacco sunburst.

I've had offers for it but its a keeper!

Ebay had one recently for £350! Yikes....

Sorry Marty for the thread hijack...

User Info Menu

Those AEX’s seem to have accumulated value. I remember them being as cheap as chips.... bolt on construction iirc? Good guitars though! The 500 would have done me for a lot of gigs with the acoustic/electric thing.

User Info Menu

Congrats on the 525, and congrats on your good fortune in having local access to Pete Moreno.

I have a 525 from that same era, maybe a 2007, with the same pickups wound with the RWRP option for hum cancelling and with that same pickguard. I suppose they made a batch with similar specs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Those AEX’s seem to have accumulated value. I remember them being as cheap as chips.... bolt on construction iirc? Good guitars though! The 500 would have done me for a lot of gigs with the acoustic/electric thing.
    Proper sleeper guitar mate. Unfortunately the hoi polloi caught on :-/