The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 28

User Info Menu

Hello everyone,

I recently bought one of the new ZT Lunchbox Reverb amps, and have been loving it. I actually made an account here specifically to review the amp, since I've noticed there's basically zero reviews/info out there about it.

I've got a Tweed Champ (5f1) clone as well, and have been comparing the two exhaustively (I bought the ZT as a potential replacement). In the end, the ZT won out for me.

Also, I am one of those Tele purists, so I only tested it with my stock AVRI 64 Telecaster. Yes, I bought the Champ because of Julian Lage, I'm not afraid to admit it.

Build quality: 9/10

One of the first things I noticed about this amp was how solid it felt. It's a little heavy for its size (10lbs/4.5kg), but the weight is reassuring to me. I believe it has a wood cabinet under all of that silver paint. Anyway, everything from the knobs to the power switch to the cable feels high quality and durable. It should, since the amp is assembled in California.

Sound: 9/10

The main draw, obviously. This is definitely a solid state amp in terms of sound and functionality (yes there is hiss), but it is one of the better SS amps I have ever heard, particularly in terms of touch sensitivity. When comparing it to the Champ, I noticed that the Champ is of course a warmer, more "organic" sounding amp, but not necessarily better sounding. I found the ZT to be just as dynamic as the Champ, and to actually have better note separation. I would even describe the ZT as a bit fuller sounding, perhaps due to the "directness" of the amp. The best analogy I can think of is rosewood vs. mahogany: rosewood (like the Champ) has a rather impressive, ringing sort of sound with focus on harmonics, while mahogany (like the ZT) is more balanced and "fundamental" sounding. I don't know if others have had this problem with Champs, but I find that mine emphasizes the metallic qualities of the strings, perhaps because it picks up more of the acoustic qualities of the Tele than the ZT. Anyway, this was not a problem with the ZT, which perhaps contributes to its (to my ears) fuller sound. In short, I love the warm coloration of the Champ, but I really love the clear, balanced and neutral tone of the ZT, which I think makes it more versatile for jazz. Its neutral sound is a double edged sword: it highlights more of my mistakes than the Champ, but rewards careful technique.

As I mentioned, I only have the Tele, so I couldn't test it with a humbucker guitar, but it responded very well to the single coils. I will say that the Champ sounds better for the classic overdriven Tele sounds (i.e. Keith Richards), but for my jazz purposes, I found the ZT more versatile.

Additional notes: Much like the old version, this ZT is a very, very loud little amp. Most of the time I play it at around 25% volume and 50% gain, which is more than loud enough for my apartment.

Also, the reverb is fantastic. I also owned a Tone Master Deluxe Reverb before this one, and I actually like the spring reverb on the ZT better. I've been using an EH Holy Grail pedal with the Champ, and again, I prefer the ZT's reverb.

That's all I've got, never really done a review like this so let me know if I missed something. All I can say is that it's a fantastic amp. I've only owned a few other amps, so I can't claim to have much else to compare it to, but this one is my favorite so far for it's combination of build quality, size, practicality and sound.
    Attached Images Attached Images ZT Lunchbox Reverb Review-img_1740-jpg ZT Lunchbox Reverb Review-img_1741-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

wyndham Guest
    Good post. I have the LB Jr. and have been wondering about these. It would be interesting if someone would compare it to the DV Mark Little Jazz as that seems to be a natural equivalent. Of course, around here most will want to know how it sounds with a hollow body guitar, but I primarily play solid bodies myself.
    I seem to recall that the original Lunchbox amp was supposed to have a reverb but somehow or other it got forgotten by the manufacturer! All they have is that 'ambient' thing which nobody seemed to be happy with. This should have happened long ago. Their recently released Jazz amp has a reverb but the price point is a killer, especially for a ZT.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wyndham
    Good post. I have the LB Jr. and have been wondering about these. It would be interesting if someone would compare it to the DV Mark Little Jazz as that seems to be a natural equivalent. Of course, around here most will want to know how it sounds with a hollow body guitar, but I primarily play solid bodies myself.
    I seem to recall that the original Lunchbox amp was supposed to have a reverb but somehow or other it got forgotten by the manufacturer! All they have is that 'ambient' thing which nobody seemed to be happy with. This should have happened long ago. Their recently released Jazz amp has a reverb but the price point is a killer, especially for a ZT.
    I read that they intended the original to have reverb but couldn't implement it with the amount of memory they had on the chip. They ended up with the "ambience" control. Terrible, but they couldn't get any closer to reverb.

I had the original LB and I think it is an awful product. I'm aware that there are some players on here who really like it.

First, build quality. It looks and feels great. But with very light use a chunk of the outside of the amp simply fell off.

Next, volume. I found that it had to be on the floor to avoid sounding screechy. It needed to be coupled to the floor to produce any bass. But, on the floor, in most playing situations, the dispersion of the sound was poor. On a gig, it faced everybody's ankles. A lot of the volume simply got lost. And, turning it up didn't make it sound any better. I wanted a clean tone, fwiw. I compared it to my 12 watt solid state Crate GFX15. That Crate amp sounds fine off the floor. To my ear, it has about as much usable volume (because I can get it off the floor) as the LB and sounds much better.

Tone: This is taste. I couldn't get a sound out of it that I could stand at any volume. Others have been much happier.

Comparison with the LJ. I have been using an LJ for nearly two years. I use it for almost everything I do. I think it sounds great. It is dramatically better, to my ears, than the LB. Usable volume is much greater on the LJ. The LJ is cheaper. The LB is lighter, 10 lbs vs 15 lbs. The LB offers a nice carrying bag (which I still have, because GC wouldn't buy it). But, the LJ is in the category of "plenty light enough".

This is the only piece of gear I've ever criticized much on-line. I think that's because I'm angry at myself for falling for the hype. Although, it wasn't just the hype. A fine NYC player, Joe Giglio, wrote on line that he was using it for gigs with a Zoom FX processor (PX5D?) on gigs and was happy with the rig. So I bought both. Joe always sounds great, but they didn't work for me. Joe, btw, does solo performances on FB every Sunday -- guitar and vocals - really entertaining.

wyndham Guest
    Yikes! I would say you didn't bond with the Lunchbox! I didn't fall for hype, I just purchased a used LB Jr. for 115$ and thought it had a nice usable tone. Plus, I can power two pedals with the built in power supply. It only weighs five pounds and has a surprisingly warm tone. I own a number of small amps and I've always thought the LB Jr. was a lot of fun. To each their own.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by betchaker
    Hello everyone,

I recently bought one of the new ZT Lunchbox Reverb amps, and have been loving it. I actually made an account here specifically to review the amp, since I've noticed there's basically zero reviews/info out there about it.

I've got a Tweed Champ (5f1) clone as well, and have been comparing the two exhaustively (I bought the ZT as a potential replacement). In the end, the ZT won out for me.

Also, I am one of those Tele purists, so I only tested it with my stock AVRI 64 Telecaster. Yes, I bought the Champ because of Julian Lage, I'm not afraid to admit it.

One of the first things I noticed about this amp was how solid it felt. It's a little heavy for its size (10lbs/4.5kg), but the weight is reassuring to me. I believe it has a wood cabinet under all of that silver paint. Anyway, everything from the knobs to the power switch to the cable feels high quality and durable. It should, since the amp is assembled in California.

The main draw, obviously. This is definitely a solid state amp in terms of sound and functionality (yes there is hiss), but it is one of the better SS amps I have ever heard, particularly in terms of touch sensitivity. When comparing it to the Champ, I noticed that the Champ is of course a warmer, more "organic" sounding amp, but not necessarily better sounding. I found the ZT to be just as dynamic as the Champ, and to actually have better note separation. I would even describe the ZT as a bit fuller sounding, perhaps due to the "directness" of the amp. The best analogy I can think of is rosewood vs. mahogany: rosewood (like the Champ) has a rather impressive, ringing sort of sound with focus on harmonics, while mahogany (like the ZT) is more balanced and "fundamental" sounding. I don't know if others have had this problem with Champs, but I find that mine emphasizes the metallic qualities of the strings, perhaps because it picks up more of the acoustic qualities of the Tele than the ZT. Anyway, this was not a problem with the ZT, which perhaps contributes to its (to my ears) fuller sound. In short, I love the warm coloration of the Champ, but I really love the clear, balanced and neutral tone of the ZT, which I think makes it more versatile for jazz. Its neutral sound is a double edged sword: it highlights more of my mistakes than the Champ, but rewards careful technique.

As I mentioned, I only have the Tele, so I couldn't test it with a humbucker guitar, but it responded very well to the single coils. I will say that the Champ sounds better for the classic overdriven Tele sounds (i.e. Keith Richards), but for my jazz purposes, I found the ZT more versatile.

Additional notes: Much like the old version, this ZT is a very, very loud little amp. Most of the time I play it at around 25% volume and 50% gain, which is more than loud enough for my apartment.

Also, the reverb is fantastic. I also owned a Tone Master Deluxe Reverb before this one, and I actually like the spring reverb on the ZT better. I've been using an EH Holy Grail pedal with the Champ, and again, I prefer the ZT's reverb.

That's all I've got, never really done a review like this so let me know if I missed something. All I can say is that it's a fantastic amp. I've only owned a few other amps, so I can't claim to have much else to compare it to, but this one is my favorite so far for it's combination of build quality, size, practicality and sound.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the review. I wonder how louder the new model is, compared to the old one. They have the same speaker i think, and i feel the old one pushed the speaker to its limits, so i 'm wondering if there actually is more usable headroom on the new one (or even slightly distorted volume).

Its been one and a half years since they introduced it in 2019 Namm, and it still isn't available in Europe.., although with the covid thing, there's not really that much need for an ultra portable amp.

For the record i really loved the previous model. One of my most loved pieces of music gear, the ability to do a gig with a backpack amp is great in many situations for me.

User Info Menu

I’ve got a Lunchbox that I bought used and I’m happy with it. I’ve taken it to jam sessions and gigs and I had compliments on the tone I got out of it (more than on my playing, sadly). I’ve always played it with hollow and semi hollow guitars. One thing I’ve got to say is that guitars tend to sound quite similar, so if you like the tone, great, if you don’t, then obviously you hate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

I have an original and like it a lot, especially for keys and bass. It sounds much better with guitar if you use an extension speaker.

User Info Menu

I picked-up the Reverb with the Cab II and I am still working through my feelings. It is a nice amp. The tone is good, it is loud and the extension cab is wonderful. I was on the fence but decided to pull the trigger because Charlie Apicella gave it a thumbs up. The only thing that gives me pause is the slight hiss that isn't present in the ZT Acoustic. The Acoustic as a small hum, but no hiss. The Reverb has a hum and a hiss. It isn't huge, but it is there. If you are recording, it might give you second thoughts. I did a totally non-scientific measurement with my phone and the ZT Acoustic kicks out about 4dB with no cables attached and the gain/volume at zero. The ZT Reverb measures about 7dB with no cables attached and gain/volume at zero. Not earth-shattering, but I would have thought that an amp that came out years later would be a bit tighter in the construction. I was considering the Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb, but my positive experience with the ZT Acoustic, the reduced size/weight and the lower price pushed me toward the ZT Reverb. I think it is fine as-is, but I am letting my entitled self whine like a little baby. It is a nice setup.

User Info Menu

Is it possibly because the Zt acoustic has much lower gain? The lunchbox reverb has quite a bit of overdrive when maxed, so i would expect more noise out of it. Is it problematic when actually playing?

User Info Menu

The should just build a micro head with reverb already. What’s wrong with these amp companies?

You get either small combos with reverb and micro heads with no reverb. Why?

When me and Rob Chapman agree on something it’s probably true

Alos ZT gear feels solid but that doesn’t mean it actually is. I gigged two of their amps to destruction fairly quickly. My AER survived. I am a clumsy oaf, but I would advise treating the amp well if you want it to last.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    Is it possibly because the Zt acoustic has much lower gain? The lunchbox reverb has quite a bit of overdrive when maxed, so i would expect more noise out of it. Is it problematic when actually playing?
    ZT lunchbox acoustic is much quieter. I think it uses a lot of power to get the bass response.

User Info Menu

I wish I knew. I think the total output is comparable, but with the Acoustic it is split over two channels. That might account for it, but I really can't say for sure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    The should just build a micro head with reverb already. What’s wrong with these amp companies?

You get either small combos with reverb and micro heads with no reverb. Why?.
    That's what I've been asking around for years, also from makers like Gallien-Krueger and TC Electronic, whose bass amps tick all the boxes apart from reverb. No response. However, there's light at the end of the tunnel: I'm aware of one well-known amp manufacturer and two small developers likely to launch micro amps with on-board reverb in 2021. At the pricier/physically bulkier end of the scale, you already have e.g. DV Mark, Milkman, BluGuitar Amp1, Quilter 101R and Henriksen Bud head. The HotOne floor amps looked promising but don't quite deliver the tone. This is subjective, of course. Furthermore, today's rock guitarists are keen to crowd the floor with stomp boxes, so an external reverb is no issue for them. The small Class D bass amps from G+K, Trace Elliot and TC Electronic are neutral and flat-response across a broad frequency range, hence "smart" power amps for many purposes with their eq settings.

The new ones I'm referring to will be substantially smaller and lighter. In this category, an external power unit is actually desirable, as it can be replaced by a rechargeable battery pack making buskers' lives easier. Imagine a 12-21V DC outlet on your getaway electric scooter...

User Info Menu

Well, I ordered one (Zt lunchbox reverb). End of the year and I can count it as expense, so bought it from Thomann.

I had the previous non reverb model so I'll post a comparison once I've had it for a while. Although it will probably be some time till we gig again, and these amps are basically gigging amps..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by betchaker
    Hello everyone,

I have had my Lunchbox for a long time now and still use it all the time. It is great for keys and bass as well as guitar. The reverb is useless on the early ones...sounds like some weird comb filtering instead of actual reverb. Other than that, it is awesome.

User Info Menu

I wish you guys would stop posting about guitars and gear. You are giving me GAS attacks on a regular basis.

This ticks off a lot of boxes for me, especially the light weight and reverb. I normally take either my SCXD or Fishman Artist to gigs (not much going on right now, but soon...), but especially for practice this would be nice.

The one benefit of the SCXD is a switch to go between clean and modeled—so you can add a little gain for solos. That’s nice, but not something I need—there’s a volume control on the guitar, you know.

I have also thought it would be nice to have a battery-powered amp for gigs at the Farmer’s Market. OTOH, our keyboard player needs to have some kind of power, so maybe that’s a moot point. I can’t convince him to bring his accordion instead of the Roland. :-(

BTW, I also have a Fender Rumble 100, which I don’t use much since my bass playing is rare. It does sound good with guitars and is very light...amazingly light really, for the sound it produces. But no reverb, so you need an extra pedal. The size factor is the limitation here, not the weight.

Anyway, I have been reading about ZTs for years. I am tempted to add to my collection.

User Info Menu

For practice or playing at the Market the Lunchbox Jr might work, but seems like quite a bit less power, and of course no reverb. So mainly a practice amp.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    That's what I've been asking around for years, also from makers like Gallien-Krueger and TC Electronic, whose bass amps tick all the boxes apart from reverb. No response. However, there's light at the end of the tunnel: I'm aware of one well-known amp manufacturer and two small developers likely to launch micro amps with on-board reverb in 2021. At the pricier/physically bulkier end of the scale, you already have e.g. DV Mark, Milkman, BluGuitar Amp1, Quilter 101R and Henriksen Bud head. The HotOne floor amps looked promising but don't quite deliver the tone. This is subjective, of course. Furthermore, today's rock guitarists are keen to crowd the floor with stomp boxes, so an external reverb is no issue for them. The small Class D bass amps from G+K, Trace Elliot and TC Electronic are neutral and flat-response across a broad frequency range, hence "smart" power amps for many purposes with their eq settings.

The new ones I'm referring to will be substantially smaller and lighter. In this category, an external power unit is actually desirable, as it can be replaced by a rechargeable battery pack making buskers' lives easier. Imagine a 12-21V DC outlet on your getaway electric scooter...
    hello. So what are these heads that are coming out then?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme
    hello. So what are these heads that are coming out then?
    I do have some inside info, positive and negative. As a Finn, I'm happy to start with the negative: Both small boutique makers I referred to, one in Latin America, the other in East Europe, have sunken below the horizon, with no response for months. The the positive side: a well-known and respected manufacturer expects to launch not one but two pedal-size amps with on-board reverb "soon". Assuming they are assembled in the Far East, (90% of world electronics reputedly originate in Shenzhen) it makes a difference in timing and pricing whether the first batch arrives by plane or by ship. I hope it's safe to assume it's during H1 if all goes well.

While I expect these as the Holy Grail and a perfect TOOB companion, I can understand that not all manufacturers share my/our priorities. After all, pedal-size amps tend to reside on pedalboards, where you most likely have a reverb stomp among many other effects. I've been so happy with the TC Electronic BAM200 amp that I just bought a Fender Tre-Verb pedal to go with it, after my Hall of Fame reverb mysteriously died.

User Info Menu

I do have some inside info, positive and negative. As a Finn, I'm happy to start with the negative: Both small boutique makers I referred to, one in Latin America, the other in East Europe, have sunken below the horizon, with no response for months. The the positive side: a well-known and respected manufacturer expects to launch not one but two pedal-size amps with on-board reverb "soon". Assuming they are assembled in the Far East, (90% of world electronics reputedly originate in Shenzhen) it makes a difference in timing and pricing whether the first batch arrives by plane or by ship. I hope it's safe to assume it's during H1 if all goes well.

While I expect these as the Holy Grail and a perfect TOOB companion, I can understand that not all manufacturers share my/our priorities. After all, pedal-size amps tend to reside on pedalboards, where you most likely have a reverb stomp among many other effects. I've been so happy with the TC Electronic BAM200 amp that I just bought a Fender Tre-Verb pedal to go with it, after my Hall of Fame reverb mysteriously died.
    Thanks for the reply

its funny you mention the TOOB cab as I am torn between getting a small head like a quilter 101 reverb with a 6.5 metro TOOB cab or getting a ZT Lunchbox reverb. I would probably end up getting 2 metros or the ZT and the external cab

the TOOB will be more versatile because I could also use it as a bass amp as well but I’m coming to the conclusion that maybe I should go with the ZT because I’m guessing it would probably be louder and maybe sound better than the TOOB with a 50watt head. I mainly play blues but also jazz but my jazz tone is more bluesy. Think Tin Pan Alley by SRV as a jazz tone as aposed to the ultra clean sound of Wes Montgomery which is why I don’t think the TC BAM200 would work well for me as a guitar amp regardless of a few recommendations on the internet. I have a bunch of pedals but for me the less pedals the better. This is why having reverb on a head is very appealing to me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme
    Thanks for the reply

its funny you mention the TOOB cab as I am torn between getting a small head like a quilter 101 reverb with a 6.5 metro TOOB cab or getting a ZT Lunchbox reverb. I would probably end up getting 2 metros or the ZT and the external cab

the TOOB will be more versatile because I could also use it as a bass amp as well but I’m coming to the conclusion that maybe I should go with the ZT because I’m guessing it would probably be louder and maybe sound better than the TOOB with a 50watt head. I mainly play blues but also jazz but my jazz tone is more bluesy. Think Tin Pan Alley by SRV as a jazz tone as aposed to the ultra clean sound of Wes Montgomery which is why I don’t think the TC BAM200 would work well for me as a guitar amp regardless of a few recommendations on the internet. I have a bunch of pedals but for me the less pedals the better. This is why having reverb on a head is very appealing to me
    Hi again! I mention TOOB on every instance for the simple reason that I make them - 331 units so far, to be exact. For the same reason, I should not be commenting on other makes at all. Let's just say that had I been happy with the Lunchbox bought from NY 8-9 years ago, I wouldn't have pursued my own project. That amp had a high power rating, offset by the speaker's low sensitivity.The SICA 6 L (130W) and Eminence Alphalite 6A (100W) speakers I'm offering are in the 92-93 dB ballpark and can get seriously loud. Tone is a matter of taste; mine ended up as a banjo amp.

You'll find a few nice testimonials on the current "TOOB website updated" thread on the For Sale section - send a PM to those guys for honest user experiences! There are no strings attached. Outside that sphere, several NY jazz cats, both guitar and bass, have been gigging with METROs ever since they got their first prototypes for testing. British blues guitarist Joe Nethercoat started with a pair of TOOB 12"s, now also plays a pair of METRO 6.5BGs. The BAM200 takes pedals extremely well - check out Peter Lerche's latest YouTube video. This tone freak and long-time studio musician has a Dumble, Carr and a host of other boutique amps, yet he gigs with TOOBs as the bandleader of the country's most popular singer.

10"-12" TOOB users typically choose from the following amps: BluGuitar Amp1, DV Mark Micro 50 (many), DV Mark Raw Dawg, DV Mark Micro 250, Quilter 101R (many), Quilter Interblock 45, VOX MV 50 series (quite a few), Milkman the Amp 50 (a few), TC Electronic BAM200 (most?), Seymour Duncan SD 170. There's odd Raezer's Edge and Acoustic Image in the bunch. Even "pure" pedal power amps such as the Mooer Baby Bomb are in use at the barking end of a modeling amp/IR signal chain for that "amp in the room" feel. The H&K Spirit Nano series and their even newer floor versions are so fresh the verdict is still out. That's for the market, not for me, to deem.

For METROs, the physically smaller amps are a more natural companion, especially for the urban musicians using public transit night after night. The variety keeps expanding all the time with new amps pouring to the market, and as people bend their rigs to new roles.

Covid-19, please go away and let the joy of live music return!

User Info Menu

Still a huge fan of my original lunchbox...when I use a reverb pedal with it.

I'll probably end up with one of these. Thanks for the review.

User Info Menu

Mine has arrived months ago, but its in a different city, i had a friend pick it up, make sure it's working etc.. I probably won't get to play it for a while...

User Info Menu

Hi again! I mention TOOB on every instance for the simple reason that I make them - 331 units so far, to be exact. For the same reason, I should not be commenting on other makes at all. Let's just say that had I been happy with the Lunchbox bought from NY 8-9 years ago, I wouldn't have pursued my own project. That amp had a high power rating, offset by the speaker's low sensitivity.The SICA 6 L (130W) and Eminence Alphalite 6A (100W) speakers I'm offering are in the 92-93 dB ballpark and can get seriously loud. Tone is a matter of taste; mine ended up as a banjo amp.

You'll find a few nice testimonials on the current "TOOB website updated" thread on the For Sale section - send a PM to those guys for honest user experiences! There are no strings attached. Outside that sphere, several NY jazz cats, both guitar and bass, have been gigging with METROs ever since they got their first prototypes for testing. British blues guitarist Joe Nethercoat started with a pair of TOOB 12"s, now also plays a pair of METRO 6.5BGs. The BAM200 takes pedals extremely well - check out Peter Lerche's latest YouTube video. This tone freak and long-time studio musician has a Dumble, Carr and a host of other boutique amps, yet he gigs with TOOBs as the bandleader of the country's most popular singer.

10"-12" TOOB users typically choose from the following amps: BluGuitar Amp1, DV Mark Micro 50 (many), DV Mark Raw Dawg, DV Mark Micro 250, Quilter 101R (many), Quilter Interblock 45, VOX MV 50 series (quite a few), Milkman the Amp 50 (a few), TC Electronic BAM200 (most?), Seymour Duncan SD 170. There's odd Raezer's Edge and Acoustic Image in the bunch. Even "pure" pedal power amps such as the Mooer Baby Bomb are in use at the barking end of a modeling amp/IR signal chain for that "amp in the room" feel. The H&K Spirit Nano series and their even newer floor versions are so fresh the verdict is still out. That's for the market, not for me, to deem.

For METROs, the physically smaller amps are a more natural companion, especially for the urban musicians using public transit night after night. The variety keeps expanding all the time with new amps pouring to the market, and as people bend their rigs to new roles.

Covid-19, please go away and let the joy of live music return!
    yea nice it would probably be a metro that I get which I would probably get a quilter 101R. I have a joyo bluejay bantamp with no cab haha. Iv plugged the bantamp through a blackstar 1x12 cab and it sounded superb and also plugged it into an 1x8 vox cab (the one for the MV50) and it sounded terrible and lacked a huge amount of volume. But yea basically I’d use my joyo bluejay bantamp as I own it and get a quilter 101R. I like fender sounds so I’m still skeptical about using a BAM200 bass head but at the same time I’d probably get a bass head at some point anyway for playing bass

it really is a tough decision between the TOOB and the ZT reverb, the TOOB will be more versatile as I could use it as

guitar amp
    bass amp
    Street/busking amp (using my joyo bluejay bantamp a powerbank and a Ripchord cable. Yes it works)

or the ZT reverb

can only use it as a guitar amp but maybe it dispurses sound better and is louder. Who knows? The ZT reverb sounds like a completely different amp to the original ZT from the comparison videos that I have seen and the reviews.

if it where between the Metro TOOB 6.5 and head and an original ZT lunchbox then I would definitely get the Metro but considering the ZT reverb is an entirely different beast I am not sure. I’d also get the extension Cab for the ZT which could work well with micro heads and both the ZT and the METRO TUBE have 6.5 speakers.

i wish I could find a shop in the country with both to compare the two.somewhere along the line I’m going to get one or the other