The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

As a user of the BAM200 with a Metro 6.5BG I can only reiterate that I'm delighted with the combination. The only thing missing is reverb, but a couple of weeks back I added a Fender Tre-Verb to the config and it's pretty darn good - particularly in "plate"mode. I alternate between this (portability up and down stairs) and aTone Master Deluxe. The ToneMaster's 12" speaker obviously pushes more air and also gives break up at a much lower level than the BAM200, but I bought the BAM for what is essentially a clean Fender(ish) sound at all levels with high headroom...... the Metro and BAM it aso serve as a nice setup for my Höfner Violin bass.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ray175
    As a user of the BAM200 with a Metro 6.5BG I can only reiterate that I'm delighted with the combination. The only thing missing is reverb, but a couple of weeks back I added a Fender Tre-Verb to the config and it's pretty darn good - particularly in "plate"mode. I alternate between this (portability up and down stairs) and aTone Master Deluxe. The ToneMaster's 12" speaker obviously pushes more air and also gives break up at a much lower level than the BAM200, but I bought the BAM for what is essentially a clean Fender(ish) sound at all levels with high headroom...... the Metro and BAM it aso serve as a nice setup for my Höfner Violin bass.
    hello. would you say the ToneMaster has a significantly better sound? It’s not a dealbreaker if it does as the TOOB is a 6.5 cab with a Bass head and the tonemaster is much bigger and expensive but still thought I’d ask

have you had any experience with the quilter amps and how would you say that compared to the BAM200 in terms of tone and volume?

User Info Menu

I finally got to play the Zt Lunchbox reverb this week, after having it sit in my house for 4 months (I was away). So far it seems like a completely different amp than the original, different tone (not as mid focused as the original), less gain, and so different feel. This one seems more of a jazz amp, more neutral and clean, where the older one was more like an electric amp that did the mid heavy tweed thing very well and felt more alive and responsive.

I can see many players preferring the new model, but I think I liked the older one much better. But the speaker is still dead new so.. I'll play it a bit, hopefully some rehearsals etc before forming an opinion..

(For example, the old one with the gain way high would go into overdrive territory with my 335, so you could do driven blues solos with it alone. The new one, with the gain on full, is cleanish with a bit of bite).