User Info Menu

Hey there,

Is anyone familiar with this type of guitar?

Looks like this (older Reverb listing): Vintage Aria Diamond 1362-G MIJ ES-175 Copy Hollow Body | Reverb

Someone is selling one semi-locally... wondering if it'd be worth the drive to check it out.

I'm currently playing a tele, but looking for a decent student hollow body. (I have a 90's Sorrento, but the narrow neck feels pretty cramped.)

I'd be grateful for whatever knowledge or experience you can share!

Thank you!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jc77
    Hey there,

Is anyone familiar with this type of guitar?

Looks like this (older Reverb listing): Vintage Aria Diamond 1362-G MIJ ES-175 Copy Hollow Body | Reverb

Someone is selling one semi-locally... wondering if it'd be worth the drive to check it out.

I'm currently playing a tele, but looking for a decent student hollow body. (I have a 90's Sorrento, but the narrow neck feels pretty cramped.)

I'd be grateful for whatever knowledge or experience you can share!

Thank you!

I have played the Aria guitars of friends and colleagues. They were all worthy instruments. Not that specific model, but hollow body electrics.
    Bear in mind, a lawsuit era import is not the equivalent of a Gibson ES-175, for a lot of reasons. But the template is sound and generally results in a solid, gig-worthy instrument. Especially if you are open to upgrading hardware and electronics. Nevertheless, many of them are legit on their own terms. You pays your money, you makes your choice.