The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I just got some time to look at the firmware updates for my TMD. Looking at the firmware available I noticed that the newer Blonde models have their own separate firmware updates available.

I really like my TMD. However as a former computer programmer I find the separate patches strange and sort of alarming.

The reason is I just assumed the blondes were just a surfacial change in tolex. Not the case. (My fears of changing software with time and going down a rabbit hole kicked in. The next best thing within 6 months coming out. )

The reason could be with the different speaker configuration. The blonde deluxe has a Celestion Cream back neo. Reading through the description it appears the blonde is more oriented to rock.

Perhaps those with more knowledge could chime in.
    Last edited by Wildcat; 10-21-2020 at 09:01 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I assumed that Fender made separate downloads so that non-software oriented consumers would not get confused.

User Info Menu

If you don't like the new firmware, you can still download the old version. I like the new firmware. The reverb is much more usable now.

User Info Menu

That's probably true. However as I said with separate downloads that means there if a difference between the two. Other than blonde tolex.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    I assumed that Fender made separate downloads so that non-software oriented consumers would not get confused.

User Info Menu

Upon further thought I guess you can say that Fender voiced the TMDs differently. Which is an intresting option will software based amplification. I like the idea that they are exploiting that possibility.

User Info Menu

The blonde one has a line out with the Celestion cab simulation (and different mic?) the black one with the Jensen speaker. That’s the only difference and I think you’re able to install the one you choose (not 100% sure) but I know there was talk about that.