The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yesterday I received my new cab from Pete Green of Greenbased Designs here in Halifax. It's a very small 1x10 cab based on the new-ish 1x10 cabs from Mesa Boogie. They offer both open and closed back version but I was unable to get them in Canada.

Pete did a beautiful job. I wanted it based on their open back version but he included a removable upper panel so I could have both open and close in a single cab. The quality and craftsmanship is beautiful and he delivered the finished cab in 15 days. It really is tiny: 12 3/8 x 14 1/8 x 9 3/8 (He said it was the smallest cab he'd ever built). It's loaded with an Eminence Cannabis Rex 10.

It matches up really nicely with my Milkan "The Amp 50" head. I've tried it both close and open configurations and with the back open it gives me pretty much the exactly the sound I want: airy, open and warm. It turned out to be a much more expensive rig than I had planned but I was able to support a local craftsman and source the components here in Canada without having to deal with the difficulties of importing anything in the time of the pandemic. It sounds great with all of my guitars (even the Emerald acoustics). It handles my lowered tunings without a problem and it just generally feels great to play.

I don't normally record with a mic but I do own one and I'll try to get a good recording with the cab in the next few days.

New cab day and my rig is finally complete.-milkmanandgreenbaseddesign-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Jim,

Looks great. Can't wait to hear it.

User Info Menu

Excellent looking rig, Jim! Can't wait to hear a (mic'd) recording!

Have fun!

User Info Menu

Congrats.
    Looks nice.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

So how are the first few days with the rig, Jim??

[Did you warn your cab friend that your demos will result in increased cab orders for him???]

User Info Menu

thanks for posting...I'm looking for a new rig so I'm following your posts

User Info Menu

Nice setup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    So how are the first few days with the rig, Jim??

[Did you warn your cab friend that your demos will result in increased cab orders for him???]

I did. It seems to be a pattern.

I'm enjoying this rig a lot. The Milkman is very cool and the cab matches up very well with it. Very light and airy tonally. The verb and trem really shine with the back off the cab.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 10-24-2020 at 04:51 PM.

User Info Menu

That's great Jim! I'm happy that you've got the rig that you needed. I'm enjoying the Buscarino muchly! Thank you!