The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wintermoon ask about posting my 1937 New Yorker Headstock. Different than typical but consistent with the variations. Will add this was period of time when the bind was stable. The binding is all completely in order all around guitar. The Pickguard also no gas no deterioration. I have blessed to be the caretaker past 38 years. Got it in college. I have posted it before but headstock.
    Headstock Da Request-ec12b9d3-546f-4724-bffb-fc15c527d03c-jpegHeadstock Da Request-a95a0095-defe-4a31-9d76-d6fa3bffc6c9-jpegHeadstock Da Request-dc11afd0-e792-43d1-a1c4-724e43fcb860-jpegHeadstock Da Request-e950ed16-b211-493e-a56b-3d6c7a14ee17-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That’s simply gorgeous. If for some weird reason you get tired of it, be sure to give me a call.

User Info Menu

Beautiful figure on the back!

User Info Menu

Kept in beautiful condition.
    Deacon Mark, that’s a museum piece. Man I’d love to play your guitar.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Awesome. I never knew there was a little finial at the top of those older smaller headstocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Awesome. I never knew there was a little finial at the top of those older smaller headstocks.
    There is on some but not all.

User Info Menu

This inlay might be what John used before he settled on the Chrysler building style typically seen, but that's not the brass finial John D used, it looks like someone added a strap button later.
    thanks again for posting the pics Deacon

It is definitely not a strap button but I could see the thinking. I bought from original owner and he always played sitting down. Was Don Redmond’s guitarist. He told me that when he got a job in late 1940’s at Post Office that was the gig to beat them all. Paid much better and no traveling. Guitar went into the case.