The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi all

I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Suhr Alt T. Trouble is, there aren't too many to try in Australia.

Does anyone have any experience of them? Any build quality issues?

Cheers

Matt

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You can rest assured that John Suhr will not allow any lemon to slip through his quality control. I've owned several of his guitars and my Suhr Strat will stay in my stable indefinitely.
    Before you pull any trigger make sure that the specs are all to your liking since he offers so many different options re neck shape/size, frets, pickups, bridges, finishes etc. ....

User Info Menu

I have two Suhr's...a Custom T and and Standard Pro series (2008 NAMM piece). Both a very cool guitars! He builds awesome guitars and as mentioned, great quality control and customer service.

User Info Menu

I own an Alt in tobacco finish. As a owner of 5 different Telecasters, I find the Alt T a very fine guitar. Mine has the Thornbucker in the neck and the Thornbucker + in the bridge. I don't think they come like that anymore without a custom order. I found mine used and it had to be imported into Canada, but that wasn't a problem as a family member was in the USA and brought it back, so there was never a potential shipping issue. I really like the playability of the guitar and it was the first with hum buckers for me, the others all have single coils with one having Lollar Charlie Christian and dual blade bridge. I like that guitar as well, but everyone is different in their preferences and the closest I have to a vintage style '52 type is a Fender G.E. Smith model (huge neck and white blonde cosmetics ) that is my most preferred model of tele.
    I really like the versatile pickup switching options on the AltT.
    Do not worry about quality with a Suhr guitar, they do not come cheap, but you never go wrong buying quality items.

User Info Menu

I don’t think I’ve played a bad Suhr. I doubt they exist.

Thanks all

Just ordered one off Reverb. I'll report back once it arrives.

Very exciting :-)