The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 38 of 38

User Info Menu

It’s very uplifting to hear the constant and consistent progress you are making. Keep doing what you are doing!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I agree with Christian...you are becoming quite the guitarist, Lawson.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    It’s very uplifting to hear the constant and consistent progress you are making. Keep doing what you are doing!
    Very encouraging. Thank you, and also thank you for the solid advice you've offered. I'm discovering these memorized Raney solos are becoming a great laboratory for learning to play more legato, more bebop-ish feel... still working on that, of course, but being able to focus on the articulation (since the notes are memorized) is actually helpful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    I agree with Christian...you are becoming quite the guitarist, Lawson.
    Thank you for that. You and C77 have tracked with me for several years now, so that means a lot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Very nice and enjoyable videos, Dr Lawson-Stone. Have you found a use for the EDGE function?
    Haven't experimented with that yet. I have played around with the High Pass filter, but not the edge or bright switches.

User Info Menu

Thinking about posting one that is direct from the pedal to the board. No reverb, just pedal to the board. Would that be useful? I don't know how many might be thinking about buying one of these pedals, but if the direct sound is pleasing, that could be a strong appeal point.

User Info Menu

Sounds great Lawson. And I'll also say it's nice to hear the progress. Bone-headed determination wins again! :)

And thanks for the mic/direct comparison. I tried to hear the diff between XLR out and SM57 and couldn't hear much. The mic may be slightly brighter, but honestly my ears are not to be trusted due to hearing loss in right ear. I was flipping the phones around my head to try to compare fairly.

I also have the TB202 and have recently set up a decent home DAW. Things sure are a lot easier than the last time I was in the studio about 35 years ago. Anyways... I've found the XLR gives me a sound thru the monitors that's closer to the sound in the room, VS the direct out on the front. Does that even work when you're bypassing pre-amp?

It's nice to know that I really don't have to think about getting a mic for the time being.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Thinking about posting one that is direct from the pedal to the board. No reverb, just pedal to the board. Would that be useful? I don't know how many might be thinking about buying one of these pedals, but if the direct sound is pleasing, that could be a strong appeal point.
    please do and thanks for all the videos. Really enjoying them.

User Info Menu

Direct to board...please do

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Direct to board...please do
    I’ll try to do that on Monday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

So here's the Brute EQ pedal running direct to the Behringer Zenyx Q1002 USB board. Brite, Edge, and HiPass filter are off. EQ is noon'd. The usual Jimmy Raney "Friends" solo. I'm using the iRig Pro backing program, just bass/drums.

User Info Menu

At risk of being tiresome, i post this item. It's the Brute EQ played into the effects return of the Quilter Interblock 45. I'm putting it through a 10" Faital Pro speaker and using an SM57 mic. The solo is, in my opinion, the prettiest solo in the Jimmy Raney/Aebersold Vol. 20 set. We don't typically think of bebop as being "pretty" but to my ear, this solo really is, well,... quite pretty! Even with my couple of clams marring it, the prettiness comes through, as does the nice sound of this Brute EQ pedal.

Any of you guys who have this, feel free to post a clip of your own demo'ing how the pedal works. It would be fun to hear!

User Info Menu

Time being short I listened to a bit of every clip and it sounds delicious. (Maybe in 10 year I can play like that.) The great sound of the pedal comes through although the L5 sounded a bit like round strings. Anyways I live the playing and it’s been very inspiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk