The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Those in constant search of a better mousetrap may be interested in H & K's new Spirit Nano line on 25W micro-amps, released for sale today. I rushed to buy the Spirit of Vintage version, which offers enough clean headroom for jazz. (The others are Rock and Metal.) This is not the smallest, lightest or most feature-laden in the category - alas, no reverb - but after an amok run through three guitars and five cabs I'm reassured of the sound: both huge and great! And it's a nice physical fit to you-know-what (see photo). In Finland, they retail at 199 euros.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hughes & Kettner Spirit Nano-toob-h-k-6-5gp-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Cool looking rig! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

what happens when you turn the ‘sagging’
    up ?

some kind of compression ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    what happens when you turn the ‘sagging’
    up ?

some kind of compression ?
    Yes. It's supposed to emulate the behavior of a saturated tube irrespective of the amp's volume or gain settings. Apart from doing its thing, it increases the volume up to 12 o'clock and then starts to reduce it. My ear is not trained to discern the finer nuances of dirty sounds, but my test pilot, multi-instrumentalist and Berklee alumnus Juha Pöysä thinks every amp should have this feature.