The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

I suppose this is an intro post as I've been a lurker for some time but never actually interacted with the forum. Must be a reason I keep landing on JG.be threads...
    I'm still a very 'novice' player, been trying to learn some instagram licks of the day by Jens Larsen but am conscientious that I need to start some serious standards study if I want to get anywhere with my playing, I was just waiting for the right guitar

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, it's gorgeous! Play in good health!
    -Jon

User Info Menu

lovely guitar

congrats & enjoy

welcome aboard!

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danishbacon
    ...... I was just waiting for the right guitar

O yeah! Definitely right. Very nice. Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new guitar!
    I think that you should find plenty of material to get started on the JG forum. Play your new guitar a lot. That should help!

Cheers!

User Info Menu

Why don't they make these anymore!!!

User Info Menu

I never knew there was a 130! Looks to be in great condition! What differentiates this model from the 125 and 150?

thanks all for the warm welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Esport
    I never knew there was a 130! Looks to be in great condition! What differentiates this model from the 125 and 150?
    I don’t know much about the 150 but in relation to the 125 it’s very simple. Neck binding, inlays and single Klusons and a 5 ply pickguard if I’m not mistaken. Everything else is pretty much the same. I believe less than 600 were made between 55 and 58

User Info Menu

What a great find in such fabulous condition. I have read about the ES-130 but have never seen photos of such a pristine condition one. This became the ES-135 later on.

Enjoy it in good health, oink, oink!

User Info Menu

yes apparently the es 130 morphed into the es135 in the last 2 years of its 4 year production run

the classic duchossior book-gibson electrics- has no mention of the es-130...but has pic of es-135

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 09-26-2020 at 06:06 PM. Reason: sp-

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    yes apparently the es 130 morphed into the es135 in the last 2 years of its 4 year production run

the classic ducchossior book-gibson electrics- has no mention of the es-130...but has pic of es-135

cheers
    that’s my understanding as well @neatomic

this one is in untouched state (For those who care about such things) it appears, in terms of electrics at least. The struts are sound. The knobs are replacement and the tuner buttons appear to be so as well but I suppose that’s not unsurprising. There is an ever so slight hump from fret 13-16 that goes
    down again. To get the action sub 3mm on bass at 12th it will require some reduction of those frets but otherwise it has a clean bill of health with mobile truss rod and overall very fine playability. Currently strung up with half-wounds but expect to try some other strings. I am enjoying playing 12s on it, if I’m honest.

User Info Menu

I don’t know much about the 150 but in relation to the 125 it’s very simple. Neck binding, inlays and single Klusons and a 5 ply pickguard if I’m not mistaken. Everything else is pretty much the same. I believe less than 600 were made between 55 and 58
    $5 more expensive than the 125

User Info Menu

Wow, that’s a very beautiful guitar. Looks like new!
    Make great music with this beautiful guitar. And thanks for sharing it with us.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

I suppose this is an intro post as I've been a lurker for some time but never actually interacted with the forum. Must be a reason I keep landing on JG.be threads...
    I'm still a very 'novice' player, been trying to learn some instagram licks of the day by Jens Larsen but am conscientious that I need to start some serious standards study if I want to get anywhere with my playing, I was just waiting for the right guitar

Nice find! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

OK.. tell the truth, you have a time machine. Man that is a real beauty. I'm new new I just joined without the lurk. Welcome!

User Info Menu

Lust-worthy guitar!

Thanks, nice to meet you.

User Info Menu

Congrats! Amazing guitar!

About its specs: what’s the scale on these? 24”75 or 25”5?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Congrats! Amazing guitar!

About its specs: what’s the scale on these? 24”75 or 25”5?
    24”75 like the 125

User Info Menu

Nice score !!! Congrats and welcome to the best forum in the world.