The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I took a punt on one of these the other day. It was a B-stock version for £170, curiosity got the better of me, especially as Gear4Music do a 30 days no quibbles returns policy. They are £229 new.

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-an...r-Natural/2C5U

The headline for me was the nut width: 44.5mm. I think this must be the cheapest jazz box out there with a wider nut.

I've had it a couple of days. It sounds not bad. I didn't think 'wow' on first play, but it sounds like a hollowbody. No complaints.

It is very comfortable to play if like me your fingers prefer an extra bit of space between strings. C-shape neck is about the right thickness for me too - it's not one of those super slim C shapes that I really dislike, it has a decent bit of depth to it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

has a bit of a european guitar vibe...german, czech, etc

enjoy

cheers

User Info Menu

I kinda like it. Cool.

User Info Menu

tho i'd change the tailpiece to a trapeze...less bulky/more vintage..change the knobs..and replace or stain the bridge base to ebony

for about 25$ you could really upgrade it aesthetically

i'd also buff off the logo from the pickguard

cheers

User Info Menu

Cool guitar! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Milton
    I took a punt on one of these the other day. It was a B-stock version for £170, curiosity got the better of me, especially as Gear4Music do a 30 days no quibbles returns policy. They are £229 new.

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-an...r-Natural/2C5U

The headline for me was the nut width: 44.5mm. I think this must be the cheapest jazz box out there with a wider nut.

I've had it a couple of days. It sounds not bad. I didn't think 'wow' on first play, but it sounds like a hollowbody. No complaints.

It is very comfortable to play if like me your fingers prefer an extra bit of space between strings. C-shape neck is about the right thickness for me too - it's not one of those super slim C shapes that I really dislike, it has a decent bit of depth to it.
    I ordered the same but in tobacco sunburst.

Hi Matt.

Can you tell me how much the guitar weighs?

Thank you from Spain.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Juaner Dominguez
    Hi Matt.

Can you tell me how much the guitar weighs?

Thank you from Spain.
    ¡Hola!
    Pesa menos de 3 kilos.

User Info Menu

The blonde top wit the dark back and sides looks very attractive I must say!

I think one of these tailpieces would look good on it:

€ 13,22 37? Off | High Quality Zinc Alloy 6 String Jazz Archtop Guitar Trapeze Tailpiece Bridge Chrome
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJvvBUL

I put one of those on my Ibanez AF55 (also a $275 guitar) and it works great. Great improvement in tone and looks for $15 Hartwood Novella: very cheap hollowbody

Also I found that the rosewood bridge I put on my AF55 significantly jazzified its tone.