The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have an old Polytone Mini Brute III, 3 knob, no distortion. I primarily use it for Double Bass (and sometimes Fender Jazz). I have never got on with MBs with 12" spkrs for bass. I've used it a bit for guitar.
    Would it be better, though, to change over to a 12" for guitar?
    If so, what spkr would you suggest?
    TIA.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Jonathan Kreisberg LOVES a Polytone with a 15" speaker and specifies it on his rider as one of his preferred amps (he runs it in stereo with a Fender Deluxe Reverb).

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Jonathan Kreisberg LOVES a Polytone with a 15" speaker and specifies it on his rider as one of his preferred amps (he runs it in stereo with a Fender Deluxe Reverb).
    Thanks David.
    I have a 2002 Fender Twin Amp and a Musicman 65RP.
    How does JK split the signal to run both his amps?
    Cheers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garybaldy
    How does JK split the signal to run both his amps?
    Cheers.
    Hi Gary,
    He runs two outputs from an Alesis Nanoverb for stereo. He has a Lehle P-Split one of the lines so that can he ensure both amps are in phase with each other.

User Info Menu

I have the same 15” mini brute III. I acquired it recently and play both guitar and bass through it. I love it with both instruments especially guitar. Unless you really dislike the tone coming from the 15 I’d keep it in there.

User Info Menu

Of the three Polytones I've owned (BabyBrute, MBII, MB IV) I thought the MiniBrute IV was the best-sounding by far for guitar.

Danny W.