The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Actually coming eventually since it's shipping from England and I asked that it not ship until October 1 so it can come to the new house...

Given the specs and the source, this is simply the best value in a headless guitar that I've ever seen (and it's being recommended by someone for whom I have a lot of respect).

Here's the listing with all the specs. Note the roasted maple, stainless frets, very cool switching options and Graphtech nut.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_ben...roasted_ib.htm

And I got the demo guitar for a discount, plus no VAT since it's coming to Canada. With shipping the whole thing came out to 402 GB pounds ($512 US, $683 CDN)

Coming soon-485885-jpg

And here's a demo.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice!
    Jim, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the HB.
    I own a couple and I'm amazed how good they are for such low prices.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonD
    Nice!
    Jim, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the HB.
    I own a couple and I'm amazed how good they are for such low prices.
    Given the materials they used, my expectations are pretty high. I know of builders who charge more for a flamed roasted maple upgrade for the neck than HB is charging for this entire guitar.

User Info Menu

Roasted Canadian neck? Returning to its homeland via GB.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    And the photos I've seen of those necks are really pretty. The type of figure you can only get away with if the woods been torrefied.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    ...And China, Indonesia or Vietnam where Harley Bentons are made for the German online-music store Thomann.

I have not personally played any but I have read that their quality has rised from their beginnings.

Interesting model all in all! I hope that Your NGD comes soon!

User Info Menu

I don't think I could fit a neck into my NuWave to roast it.

https://www.buynuwavebravo.com/?ref_...SABEgLocvD_BwE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    ...And China, Indonesia or Vietnam where Harley Bentons are made for the German online-music store Thomann.

I have not personally played any but I have read that their quality has rised from their beginnings.

Interesting model all in all! I hope that Your NGD comes soon!
    My hope is somewhere around October 15-20.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 09-25-2020 at 08:43 AM.

User Info Menu

Hi! I am very much interested in several aspects of your new guitar. For the first, how much, and what kind of, work have you put into it to get it playing the way your taste dictates? And secondly just how ergonomic do you find this model to be?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 0zoro
    Hi! I am very much interested in several aspects of your new guitar. For the first, how much, and what kind of, work have you put into it to get it playing the way your taste dictates? And secondly just how ergonomic do you find this model to be?
    I'm afraid you're going to have to be patient. I'm in the midst of moving and I didn't want it to be lost in the process so I requested delayed shipping. It just left yesterday. Now it has to both reach Canada and then clear customs so we're probably two weeks away (with a significant randomness factor).

User Info Menu

It arrived on Wednesday. Put simply, this is the easily the best value in a guitar I've ever received. The quality is superb. The roasted maple neck and fingerboard are beautifully carved, nicely shaped and extremely comfortable and the stainless frets need no work at all. The pickups are obviously geared towards a very different sort of player and are a bit hot for my taste but I'm getting comfortable with them (actually "it" since I only use the neck position) and the parallel option on the 5-way switch is very usable.

We're finally getting settled in to the new house so hopefully I'll have a decent demo to post in a few days.

User Info Menu

Very interesting! I, and I am sure others look forward to more hands on news and views, not to mention a sound track. I have yet to hear anything that didnt sound good in your hands. (I dont know how this underlying got here, less as to how to get rid of it)

User Info Menu

You seem to have clicked on the Underline icon, just above the top left corner of the input box. The B is for bold text, the slanted I for italics, and the U is for Underline. You can edit the post, select the underlined text, and click on the U and it will revert to normal text.