Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Time to remove the pickguard on this one..-i-img898x1198-1600245907kfxpfh3981904-jpg

    and another gem i found today:
    Time to remove the pickguard on this one..-i-img1200x900-1600161757q4ygfv139505-jpg

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    I wish I could unsee Number 2

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    I wish I could unsee Number 2
    Amen to that...

    And about that pickguard: looks like it's trying to remove itself already.

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    The pickguard of number one is from Willie Nelson’s Trigger?

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    F holes and a round sound hole, and 2 bridges? What’s the story on that one?

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    2nd looks like a howard roberts experiment! he did cut up guitars




    cheers

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    I wish I could unsee Number 2
    Me too. That’s so sad.
    Keith

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    What is behind the bridge on #2? I could go Howard Roberts on the rest but that I'm wondering about.

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier
    What is behind the bridge on #2? I could go Howard Roberts on the rest but that I'm wondering about.
    Looks like a harmonica. You know, Bb jazzharp.

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Oooooh, I've been looking for an ES-175 with a thoroughly trashed top. PM to follow...

  12. #11
    Replied to your pm. The one with the hole in the top wasn't a gibson but a greco and was sold for about 200 usd in japan.
    Still not sure what the thing behind the bridge is.


    Time to remove the pickguard on this one..-i-img1200x900-1600161764sfb4ly139495-jpg
    Time to remove the pickguard on this one..-i-img1200x900-1600161769zmhcwp25700-jpg

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by waltf
    Still not sure what the thing behind the bridge is.


    Time to remove the pickguard on this one..-i-img1200x900-1600161764sfb4ly139495-jpg
    Looks like a bridge from a classical guitar... (missing the saddle)

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by waltf
    Replied to your pm. The one with the hole in the top wasn't a gibson but a greco and was sold for about 200 usd in japan.
    Still not sure what the thing behind the bridge is.


    Some kind of string damping device?

  15. #14
    was my first idea but would that do much after the bridge? I think archtopeddy is right and it's a bridge from a classical guitar and maybe the owner wanted to be able to switch between nylon and regular strings?

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by archtopeddy
    Looks like a bridge from a classical guitar... (missing the saddle)
    Exactly. Maybe used as a damping device.