The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by don_oz
    This definitely caught my eye... I'm interested now. Turns out there's a dealer near me. Gonna head there this weekend to give it a try.

Do you play yours acoustically at all by any chance?
    It's got enough volume for individual practice, but not for anything else. But that's part of the point of a laminate guitar, it amplifies really well, whereas the better acoustically a guitar is, the harder it is to get it amplified. My Dupont gypsy guitar is an absolute acoustic cannon, but it's rancidly difficult to amplify, and only ever sounds so-so at stage volume and needs huge amounts of eq. It's a bitter pill with those things. Whereas, OTOH, with the Comins, it's plug it into a good amp (Princeton or 5e3) turn it up and it's there

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Check the For Sale forum -- there's a brand new Holst there for $3000!!

User Info Menu

If the OP is seeking a 575 this is the Best Buy at $1850 that I’ve seen in years.

Heritage H-575 Sunburst | SnowboundBassman | Reverb

and there are two 575’s with Spruce tops at Reverb for $2300 and $2600 obo. All are solid buys.

I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions! I went to try the comins gcs-16-1 blonde single pick up. I left the store with a D'aquisto Jazz line from 2004.

User Info Menu

I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions! I went to try the comins gcs-16-1 blonde single pick up. I left the store with a D'aquisto Jazz line from 2004.
    Doesn't it look identical to Sadowski Jim Hall? They are also both made in Japan based on my quick search now. But D'aquisto is a bit cheaper, is that right?
    Good find.

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Doesn't it look identical to Sadowski Jim Hall? They are also both made in Japan based on my quick search now. But D'aquisto is a bit cheaper, is that right?
    Good find.
    It is based on the model the D'aquisto that Jim hall used, which I believe is what the sadowsky is based on. My d'aquisto is blonde though.

User Info Menu

Haha, ugh. I was just going to reply with my F/S: D'aquisto. Too late!

I am also thinking of getting one of those, how do yo like it?

User Info Menu

Peerless Leela model is likely an option