The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

I am selling one of my expensive guitars and getting a custom made Kevlar/Carbon ultralight canoe, 13', only ~20 lbs., I can carry it with one hand, like a light guitar amp. Seats two, but converts from tandem to solo when desired. Something I've been wanting for years. A couple of grand, but the guitar will pay for it It will be built over the winter and ready in the spring.

Wife and I have been avid canoers for years, both for leisure and my fishing, but at our advanced ages, the 14' 60 lb Royalex (which is considered "light") is getting a bit tough to deal with, especially getting it up onto the car. The Kevlar/Carbon hybrid will be like lifting a piece of sponge candy with one hand
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 09-17-2020 at 09:30 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Interesting. I just went in the opposite direction. I was planning to get the tools and materials to make a kayak. Instead I just bought another guitar. NGD to come...

User Info Menu

Nice! We have two flat water kayaks that seems to have gotten heavier this season. Looking into one of those lift-assist rooftop things for next year myself.

I sold a desirable vintage Gibson acoustic guitar several years ago to cover expenses for my best friend, who is a golden retriever, poodle mix. Also traveled 8 hours to bring her home in 2017.

User Info Menu

Perhaps hang on to that guitar:
    Sometimes ya gotta go in a different direction.-funny-guitar-use-jpg

User Info Menu

Seeing that you have more than a few guitars, it is a good trade off. Wishing you and wife many good years of paddling together. Do watch out for the crocs! (But not in upstate New York! Yeah, that is what we say around these salty tropical waters. Yup, the crocs are for real.)

User Info Menu

My closest friend, a retired astronomer, makes copies of historical kayaks - a very niche market!

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Seeing that you have more than a few guitars, it is a good trade off. Wishing you and wife many good years of paddling together. Do watch out for the crocs! (But not in upstate New York! Yeah, that is what we say around these salty tropical waters. Yup, the crocs are for real.)
    No crocs, but we have Muskies here everywhere, they'll take a chunk out of your body, yikes! There are actually people who scuba down into the upper Niagara to get close to them just to see them.

Sometimes ya gotta go in a different direction.-muskellunge-4035415_1920-1024x831-jpg

Sometimes ya gotta go in a different direction.-musky4-jpg

User Info Menu

That looks as nasty as sea crocs, mate! Yikes!!

User Info Menu

Ovations make the best canoe paddles, the fiberglass bowl is bonded to the top with epoxy, very water proof.

User Info Menu

The canoe sounds very cool indeed. As for fishing, I mostly wade in the river for trout and steelhead.

Sometimes ya gotta go in a different direction.-imgp6073-jpg

User Info Menu

Since Royalex isn't being made anymore the market for Royalex canoes is surprisingly viable in whitewater circles.