The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 106 of 106

User Info Menu

so great to have curt joining in!...check his gallery for some of his (well documented) & incredible work

https://www.oldschoolguitar.net/gallery-2/

his refinishing is as good as his repair work... he has an extensive background in paints and finishes

he's a busted guitar miracle worker!

cheers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I got intrigued and made this drawing for myself to understand how the forces in kerfed braces work:

As long as they don’t become unglued and as long as the strength of the lateral connections between and on top of the kerfes is not compromised (by runouts in the wood for example) they should in theory be just as strong as solid braces I think.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    I got intrigued and made this drawing for myself to understand how the forces in kerfed braces work:

As long as they don’t become unglued and as long as the strength of the lateral connections between and on top of the kerfes is not compromised (by runouts in the wood for example) they should in theory be just as strong as solid braces I think.
    Exactly.

User Info Menu

curts finished the interior work...replaced the bracing..and has updated his link with new photo's

Old School Guitar Repair >> Gibson ES-175N that’s sporting the broken brace issue. (still in progress).

cheers

User Info Menu

So, did you came to a conclusion about your ES? Do you still own it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruis
    So, did you came to a conclusion about your ES? Do you still own it?