The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

........ (( The saga continues ))........We know that (good) site for s/n's and spec's, but is there a site for weights ?
    I started looking for specific shipping info but not sure that applies to vintage archtops.

Specifically looking for an accurate weight of a 2 P/U ES-300.....I'm thinking it being a laminate could make it ' solid' as they say..

Thanks.....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Weights of guitars tend to vary over a range, even for the same model. Archtop.com has an ES300 listed, but no weight in the description. You might ask them about it.

Danny W.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny W.
    Weights of guitars tend to vary over a range, even for the same model. Archtop.com has an ES300 listed, but no weight in the description. You might ask them about it.

Danny W.

I was surprised that some ads showed weights like no big deal, but others I looked through five or six ads with no weights mentioned for any........Will keep digging.....

Thx Danny !

User Info Menu

I think the weight of the guitar is not something most people selling archtops even consider, unlike people selling Les Pauls or Telecasters who tend to feature that information prominently. And just like those guitars, the weight of archtops can vary dramatically, by as much as 50%, even within the same models.

User Info Menu

This one is 6 lb 1 oz. By the way, it’s for sale if anyone is looking. I just haven’t gotten around to listing it yet.