The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm using these lately and like them. In part because I'm working on some old songs of mine that call for a lot of strumming. I always prefer strumming with a lighter pick.

Dunlop Tortex Pitch Black .50mm Jazz III picks-51-yesss89l-_ac_-jpg
    I recently found a similar pick in my stash and started using it on a lark. I liked it wanted to order more but only found the black ones in stock. Not that different, but red stands out on a black music stand, which is a plus. ;o) I've always had an issue with thicker picks moving around in my hand while I played. Thinner picks, which give a bit when pressed, tend to stay in place.
    Dunlop Tortex Pitch Black .50mm Jazz III picks-5b3f762bb34a5445185a5e0a25cecf33_380x0-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Do you not find Tortex to be chalky to the touch?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk1701
    Do you not find Tortex to be chalky to the touch?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    A bit but it doesn't bother me. I have no grip issues with these picks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I'm using these lately and like them. In part because I'm working on some old songs of mine that call for a lot of strumming. I always prefer strumming with a lighter pick.

I recently found a similar pick in my stash and started using it on a lark. I liked it wanted to order more but only found the black ones in stock. Not that different, but red stands out on a black music stand, which is a plus. ;o) I've always had an issue with thicker picks moving around in my hand while I played. Thinner picks, which give a bit when pressed, tend to stay in place.
    Dunlop Tortex Pitch Black .50mm Jazz III picks-5b3f762bb34a5445185a5e0a25cecf33_380x0-jpg
    Hi Mark, I also really like the Dunlop Tortex Jazz Picks with the rounded tip. Currently, I favor the Heavy (purple) but also have Mediums (Green) and Lights (Red). Somewhere over the last year, I found that I prefer a smaller pick (after using the traditional 351 shape for years and years).