The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 77 of 77

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KirkP
    The current induced in the pickup due to spring vibration is so tiny that the heat generated is undetectable.
    Resigned to Electrifying my '52 L-7 Acoustic - P/U suggestions, pls.-10-5-gtr-top-001-1024x768-jpgResigned to Electrifying my '52 L-7 Acoustic - P/U suggestions, pls.-10-5-gtr-top-004-1024x768-jpg
    Here's 2 photo's showing the marks...They look like a group of pinholes, about the same size and shape as a peanut shell.
    No big deal, just always wondered.....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    Thought so. Thanks for posting that photo. I'm assuming that's the same guitar & p/u as your earlier post ? If so am I right - there's actually some daylight under that p/u ?
    Yes and Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    ...but then from this angle it looks like there's another 1/8-1/16 of an inch to be gained by resting the p/u on the top and then adjusting the side brackets accordingly, or ??
    And - - do any of these p/u's generate heat ? I have some odd marks on the top of my guitar from where the McCarty would've rested - or may have rested.
    Thanks for all the help.
    Yes, a thick 1/16th under the high E side;
    1/8" from the pickup to the bottom of the G string.
    Pickup is mounted directly to the pickguard. It totally floats. Nothing underneath it.
    My pickguard is about 1/4" below the little E string. It all works for me.
    I don't think this one generates heat,
    that I've noticed.