Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    I guess I need a blonde one now!!!
    Keith
    I like how you think.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    I like how you think.
    We think alike. I am trying to downsize a little, but I can’t seem to get anywhere with that.
    Keith

User Info Menu

Darn right! So many guitars, so little time. Happy hunting finding a blonde. Took me awhile to find mine....but they are out there.

User Info Menu

My '69 sounded fabulous, but the neck was horrible. The original owner didn't bother to have it stored properly while he was serving in 'Nam. Winters and summers were a constant struggle with it. Extreme bows, 14 fret hump, etc. I finally sold it reasonably with a clear honest warning to the buyer, I think he was more of a collector, and he was very pleased with it. Had the neck been ok I would have never parted with it.

User Info Menu

We think alike. I am trying to downsize a little, but I can’t seem to get anywhere with that.
    Keith
    I have quit trying to downsize and am putting all of my efforts into avoiding upsizing.

User Info Menu

Guys I am having the same problem. It’s getting to the point where I want every nice guitar I see. My L5 was supposed to cure that. Yeah right..

User Info Menu

I have quit trying to downsize and am putting all of my efforts into avoiding upsizing.
    I sold two guitars just before acquiring the Johnny. So I am down one.
    Keith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Guys I am having the same problem. It’s getting to the point where I want every nice guitar I see. My L5 was supposed to cure that. Yeah right..
    The pandemic has kept me away from music stores, so I’m not tempted so often.
    Keith

User Info Menu

I sold two guitars just before acquiring the Johnny. So I am down one.
    Keith
    You are making progress.

User Info Menu

I suspect that the only cure for GAS is a meeting with the grim reaper. I have had a thing for guitars, women and motorcycles (and not necessarily in that order!) most of my life. As I fast approach my 63rd birthday, those desires have not waned. I am thinking that so long as I am breathing, they never will.

This thread makes me want a Gibson Johnny Smith.....

User Info Menu

I suspect that the only cure for GAS is a meeting with the grim reaper. I have had a thing for guitars, women and motorcycles (and not necessarily in that order!) most of my life. As I fast approach my 63rd birthday, those desires have not waned. I am thinking that so long as I am breathing, they never will.

This thread makes me want a Gibson Johnny Smith.....
    SS: I have come to the conclusion that the Gibson Johnny Smith is the pinnacle of Gibson’s archtop designs. I have owned a number of Gibson archtops and most of them have been great guitars, but this one is significantly different than all of the other models. With its unique dimensions, scale and nut, it is much more like my Benedetto and Campellone guitars than my other Gibsons. I always wanted one of these, but never really made it happen until now. I feel very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to acquire this guitar.
    Keith

User Info Menu

You are not alone with this OCD Joe, If I had unlimited funds I would be buying more , definitely another L5CES a Wesmo
    etc.,etc., despite the fact that I have the ultimate Archtop, the Campellone ,waiting in the wings. I cannot justify more ,it is
    simply GAS gone mad.

fellow lunatic, 007

User Info Menu

I’m on the waiting list for another V1K collaboration model. I got it bad and that ain’t good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    I’m on the waiting list for another V1K collaboration model. I got it bad and that ain’t good.
    That was perfect.. I literally "Laughed Out Loud".
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Well, maybe not all bad....