The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

I'm sure you'll enjoy Halifax once you get settled.

Sadly, there was a great used instrument store that closed in the city within the past year, leaving fewer options for selling / consignment. This may explain your observation. I find the main music store (L&M) doesn't carry much interesting inventory. I got tired of waiting for a used BC Hot to pop up so I posted an ad seeking one and got lucky. If you're patient and enjoy the hunt than I'm sure you'll be rewarded. Cheers.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LifeOnJazz

Sadly, there was a great used instrument store that closed in the city within the past year, leaving fewer options for selling / consignment. This may explain your observation. I find the main music store (L&M) doesn't carry much interesting inventory. I got tired of waiting for a used BC Hot to pop up so I posted an ad seeking one and got lucky. If you're patient and enjoy the hunt than I'm sure you'll be rewarded. Cheers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LifeOnJazz

We're loving the area but I have to say, the music store scene here is really bad. L&M have pretty much gotten rid of everyone else and their stores here are really weak. I keep looking up things on their main website and then I find out that none of their stores in NS have any inventory. It's pretty clear that I'm going to have to buy most things on line.

User Info Menu

Jim: If you see something you are interested in at one of the @80 other L&M stores across Canada, they can always ship it in to the Halifax store. They move inventory around like this all the time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Jim: If you see something you sre interested in at one of the @80 other L&M stores across Canada, they can always ship it in to the Halifax store. They move inventory around like this all the time.
    First I just have to survive the next 30 days. Between getting a car, paying more than we planned on the house and the insane number of miscellaneous unplanned expenses that we've run into, we're suddenly short of money for the first time in years. Nothing fatal but it's definitely an annoyance that we're no longer accustomed to.