The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 55 of 55

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northenlights
    I also like Vertex stuff! Never had the boost, but I really like what the SSS does to my tone! Just don't tell the people at TGP, or you'll never hear the end of it
    The SSS is the Vertex Steel Stringer? I have that right after the Vertex boost. Don't use it that often ... together, these pedals get what I consider to be a rather octal amp sound through the solid state amps I like most. Right now, that's an old Evans SE150, and a DV Mark Micro 50 CMT plus pine cab 1x12. Warm, rich tones with P90s especially.

It really comes down to personal taste. Had the Mojo Mojo, Rockett Blue note, Spark boost, many others. They all work in their own ways. I keep the ones that sound best to me.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

kingtone soloist blows all the TS9 pedals away by far.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    kingtone soloist blows all the TS9 pedals away by far.
    I don't know about the kingtone, but I do know that the King of Tone excels at what the OP was looking for. That is a Bluesbreaker-derived circuit, as is the Morning Glory, so I would expect that to work pretty well too. I think Julian Lage uses one for that?

A Timmy pedal might work as well, it's less colored, and has nice tone controls. I Have that on my board as well but seem to gravitate to the KOT more for jazz.

I also have a Klon type (Centura) and it is a very impressive pedal as well. Still prefer the KOT.

I have the Fulldrive and love it, just not for light boosting with hair. It's better for bluesier/rockier sort of leads. Still like the KOT better.

I guess I'm seeing a pattern here! Too many OD pedals, really like the King of Tone! Sadly there is a long waiting list for those.

User Info Menu

anyone who loves clapton and srv should check out the kingtone duo. It's got both the clapton and srv tones built into one pedal, switchable. He makes the ts9 section as a separate pedal. Probably the british side too. I've literally owned 30+ overdrive pedals and for SRV tone, the kingtone is so far above anything else I've ever played it's not even close. I also love the rockett dude II overdrive. Those 2 are my favorites but the dude II is more of a carlton meets robben ford tone. I also have a rockett bluenote which I use for just a slight overdrive. You can barely tell it's on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    anyone who loves clapton and srv should check out the kingtone duo. It's got both the clapton and srv tones built into one pedal, switchable. He makes the ts9 section as a separate pedal. Probably the british side too. I've literally owned 30+ overdrive pedals and for SRV tone, the kingtone is so far above anything else I've ever played it's not even close. I also love the rockett dude II overdrive. Those 2 are my favorites but the dude II is more of a carlton meets robben ford tone. I also have a rockett bluenote which I use for just a slight overdrive. You can barely tell it's on.
    That red side (soloist) Looks intriguing. After all, probably 90% of guitarists are looking for SRV in a tube screamer type pedal!