The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Glin66
    I came to the conclusion that I am stuck on EMGs. The tight crunch they have just does it for me. It just has that attack and warmth that I crave I just love them so much. Clarity be damned.

I threw some Seymour Duncans in my EC-256 recently and they were certainly a upgrade yet i wasnt too wildly impressed with the JB. But the 59 was way better than I was expecting. The 59 is nice and fat with very warm tones and exceptional clarity that fits with a LP style guitar. I am wondering if a dimebucker in the bridge would suit my needs but I am afraid that I will be one of those guys with a pointy Dean guitar.
    I would not worry about how a PU is marketed. If it works, that is what really matters. Few people would look at a PU and even have any opinion. Not even many people would hear what you play and associate that with the PU. People who can do that, are probably searching for the right PU also. If the guitar is pointy and/or neon, there will be assumptions made.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well, it's a bit like painting, you want some green, it's too blue you add some yellow, it's too yellow, you add some blue.
    What imports is the colour, it's green, no matter what you did to make that green.