The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 29

User Info Menu

Fender Jazzmaster for Jazz.-993ed713-627d-40b9-996d-a99393e38523-jpgFender Jazzmaster for Jazz.-b0154ae5-fa93-4b32-bded-052de2ea74c0-jpg
    Just finished my Jazzmaster made for Jazz. It has a Fralin P90 in the neck position as I nixed the two humbuckers that originally came with the guitar. Also has a new pickguard made for the single pickup, I also nixed the pickup toggle switch. All pots and caps have been upgraded to give a warmer sound along with the brass saddles, new knobs and Tomastik flatwound 15s. Just a simple hardtail that is a lot of fun to play. This is actually the first non hollow body guitar that I have ever owned, kinda strange how it’s just a block of wood that you can bolt anything onto it, including the neck which will be getting a Fender “hockey stick” soon.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

love it. Designing something similar as well. Can't beat a jaguar/jazzmaster for comfort.

User Info Menu

Looks classy, cool and tons of other superlatives! Great!

If You ever have time and possibilities the sound clips would make us even happier!

User Info Menu

nice looker..always good to see some jm love!

enjoy!

might check this older thread

Does anybody use a Fender Jazzmaster for jazz?

cheers

User Info Menu

Love it.

User Info Menu

Just wanted to quickly add that Masaki at Walkin here in Tokyo where they create the Archtop Tribute line turned me on to his guitar tech that did all the work, including the custom pickguard, hand wiring and set up. They did a very professional job. I originally purchased the guitar to create a Fender 12 and still might at a later date but enjoyed the idea of a jazzer to start, especially since you really don’t see too many Jazzmasters with a single neck pickup. A lot of Jazzmasters are popular with alternative bands but I was a little curious to see how dark I could get this guitar and so far not too bad, it’s also fun to play a little bossa nova with stand up bass and female vocals on occasion, all just for fun.
    Last edited by Scotto; 08-14-2020 at 11:04 PM.

User Info Menu

walkin of japan !!

been talked about here plenty!

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by waltf
    love it. Designing something similar as well. Can't beat a jaguar/jazzmaster for comfort.
    Show us some pics when your finished!

User Info Menu

Lovin' the keyhole brass bridge saddles. Brings back the '70s. One of mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images Fender Jazzmaster for Jazz.-tele-sbc-korina-rosewood-bridge2-lo-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Lovin' the keyhole brass bridge saddles. Brings back the '70s.
    Yeah 70s. Makes me want to play some Tony Mottola... looks even more 70s when I use my Vox vintage coiled guitar cord.

User Info Menu

The jazzmaster is my absolute favorite guitar. It makes me happy to see people use them to make the music they were designed to. I do my best there, as well.

User Info Menu

I would have kept a humbucker in the bridge just in case, but that looks great, should be a lot of fun

User Info Menu

Put a tort pickguard on that and you'll be good to go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto
    A lot of Jazzmasters are popular with alternative bands but I was a little curious to see how dark I could get this guitar and so far not too bad, it’s also fun to play a little bossa nova with stand up bass and female vocals on occasion, all just for fun.
    Looks very elegant. If you were looking for a dark sound, why didn't you place the neck pickup flush to the neck?

User Info Menu

^ pre routed body cavity only takes you so far

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    ^ pre routed body cavity only takes you so far

cheers
    But the one in the picture looks like it could be set up with a pickup pretty much flush to the neck. Fender fretboards tongue out of the neck pocket by an half an inch or so. So a pickup installed all the way up in the cavity should come a lot closer to the neck than the one in the OP, no?

User Info Menu

I would buy this if I saw it out somewhere.I love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    But the one in the picture looks like it could be set up with a pickup pretty much flush to the neck. Fender fretboards tongue out of the neck pocket by an half an inch or so. So a pickup installed all the way up in the cavity should come a lot closer to the neck than the one in the OP, no?
    no..real fender 21 fret necks stop in the pocket...only the licensed copies use 22 fret with overhang...

op would be the one to say where in cavity he mounted neck pup

can't really tell precisely from angles of pics

cheers

User Info Menu

Scotto,

Congratulations, & a lovely axe.

i rarely covet another player's plank, but you succeeded.

User Info Menu

Quite nice.

User Info Menu

...and there's this, new for 2020 in really limited numbers for not a lot of bucks ($999.99) from Fender Japan:

Fender Jazzmaster for Jazz.-20200825_135503_resized-jpg

All Korina body and neck, with two P90's, a Tele control layout and a nice fat neck!
    They also made one like this in all mahogany a year or two ago, nearly impossible to find now, but there are still some of these Korina ones available, but probably not for long.

User Info Menu

^ nice! korina is a beautiful wood!

cheers

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'd been jonesing for a P90 mahogany guitar for a while, and was looking at LP Juniors when I saw a MIJ Mahogany 'Tele' on reverb that got snatched before I could decide. These Korina ones just came out recently, supposedly only a few hundred of them in a limited release (just like the all-mahogany ones were) and it decided to go for it.

I'm really quite happy with it. Only had it for a few days, but it's quite comfy for a big slab and sounds nice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisking
    ...and there's this, new for 2020 in really limited numbers for not a lot of bucks ($999.99) from Fender Japan:

Fender Jazzmaster for Jazz.-20200825_135503_resized-jpg

All Korina body and neck, with two P90's, a Tele control layout and a nice fat neck!
    They also made one like this in all mahogany a year or two ago, nearly impossible to find now, but there are still some of these Korina ones available, but probably not for long.

What's the weight of these approximately?
    Last edited by blue_lu; 08-26-2020 at 02:44 AM.

User Info Menu

I found a Squier one recently with a fairly light "okoume" body (looks like mahogany, fairly light), and am thinking deep thoughts about it. Maybe put a nice fat mahogany neck w/rosewood or ebony board on it. Hmmmm...
    Attached Images Attached Images Fender Jazzmaster for Jazz.-squier-paranormal-telemaster-hog_9521-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 08-27-2020 at 12:52 AM.