The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

It has taken me awhile to find a unit that will do exactly what a Leslie does, but they are no longer made. So I looked on some sites and only one was to be found used as is for $119. So I am hoping when it arrives it works correctly. Digitech RMS-1 rack effect Has a tube preamp section to drive any gain distortion, analog for the sound of the horns and rotor then digital for the different rotation,speed, left or right or stop, rotor speed and stop. left out for left horn right out for right horn and center out for rotor. can use a three button foot switch and a expression pedal for speed control. I use three amps and wanted a wide spread sound like surround sound. and I think this will do what I wanted really get the doppler effect going or set it up stopped and run it wet dry wet. I wonder why it or some thing simular isnt made to day.

Finding a  Leslie style effect Digitech RMS-1 Tube rotary speaker simulator-rpm-1-front-jpg

Finding a  Leslie style effect Digitech RMS-1 Tube rotary speaker simulator-rpm-1-rear-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is another Leslie-in-a-pedal option. I had one for a few years. Lots of fun. My son has it now.

User Info Menu

Not to knowledgeable on thos but I believe I heard that a Univibe pedal is like a leslie effect. Are you aware of that pedal?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Not to knowledgeable on thos but I believe I heard that a Univibe pedal is like a leslie effect. Are you aware of that pedal?
    Univibe and various versions of it only give you half of the Leslie. I've been using an analogue Destination Rotation from Option 5 - FIRST version (not made for a few years, different from their more recent Univibe-like Destination Single) - for a few years, to get that guitar heroin straight to my brain. It's pretty mild in comparison to digital boxes like the Neo Ventilator, but I'm a mild-mannered kinda guy.
    Attached Images Attached Images Finding a  Leslie style effect Digitech RMS-1 Tube rotary speaker simulator-destinationrotation-option5-jpg 

User Info Menu

I have a version of this pedal too, don't know if it's earlier or later. It does a great job, sounds good and is easy to figure out. It's the one on this video

I play a lot with a real Hammond and Leslie cabinet, so simulations, to my ears, tend to sound like simulations But they certainly work and are giggable, so might as well keep them simple.

There are quite a few pedals and multi effects offered today with a Leslie sim. Univibe and chorus pedals can also give similar sounds, but not as close as a dedicated Leslie sim.

User Info Menu

That's the Single - also an analogue pedal. It's a really good Univibe-style pedal, IMO.

User Info Menu

Danelectro offer the Billionaire Big Spender pedal which goes a long way to producing a good Leslie sound, including ramping up and down. I bought one a couple of months ago and place it after my Electroharmonix C9 organ pedal, and am more than happy. It also nails Eric Clapton's sound on the bridge of "Badge".....

User Info Menu

Check this out:

User Info Menu

Or this:

User Info Menu

So I think the reason they don’t make those Digitech rack-units anymore is because of the much smaller foot-pedals that have more options and probably sound better/more realistic?

User Info Menu

So as I Have looked High and Low for a Leslie style effect that also has a center channel for the Rotor and ever suggestion I get are ones that only do left and Right no center for the rotor and to me with out the center for the rotor you are not getting a true Leslie sound. But then not every one has Three Amps. I am thinking that the Digitech unit was discontinued because of lack of sales back in 96, 97. not every one uses three amps, but more are today then back then, the amps got cheaper and a larger variety from then 1996.

User Info Menu

motion sound has long made smaller more lightweight versions of the real thing

PRO 3X | Motion Sound Amplifiers

cheers

User Info Menu

My two favorites and I have owned both but still have the Neo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft
    My two favorites and I have owned both but still have the Neo

I am very happy with Neo Mini Vent. Dunno how authentic it is but I like the sound and the idea of a pedal with no knobs in sight! I even installed a stereo output patch panel to my pedal board for the ecstacy of two amps swirling!