The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I forgot to mention the Bartlett Audio Guitar Mike B that takes a 9V battery:

Bartlett Guitar Mic B - Bartlett Audio
    That also looks interesting...Are there any vids / photos anywhere ? I got a reply from Bruce B that I'd need 3/4 of an inch opening but so far no other dimensions......

Thanks Jab.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

From Bruce B

I at first replied that it wouldn't get used on a gig - -only at my home.
    This is Bruce's reply:

FYI

" Details:
    In that case, feedback is not a serious problem. I'd recommend our Mandolin Mic for your archtop. Just clip it onto an f-hole, either the inner side or outer side of the f-hole, whatever sounds best.
    Will you connect the mic to an acoustic instrument amp, or to an audio interface? The Mandolin Mic has an XLR connector and requires phantom power. If your amp lacks phantom power, you need to purchase a phantom power supply such as the Behringer PS400 or the Rolls PB23.
    If you prefer, I can custom-make you a Mandolin Mic-B with a battery pack instead of an XLR connector. The Mandolin Mic-B runs off a 9-volt battery which lasts about one year. The battery pack lies on the floor. You connect a guitar cord between the battery pack and your amp's 1/4" input. It would look like the Guitar Mic-B on our website:

Bruce "

User Info Menu

Amplifying an Acoustic Archtop - Bridge P/U or Floater (or a Mic)?-bartlett-2-jpg

Here's another image from Bruce Bartlett. He included a note that said the f-hole can be as small as 5/8 in. - -just orient the clip parallel to the hole and rotate it 90 degrees to attach.
    Is this all that'd be exposed ? ( meaning no other mic ? )
    Then it'd connect to the battery pack, then I'm guessing to a pre-amp, and then the amp......( right ? )

So far, this option looks to be the easiest to use.

Updates to follow.

Thx.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I forgot to mention the Bartlett Audio Guitar Mike B that takes a 9V battery:

And ( dumb question ) - -why is a battery necessary ?

Then - what would be the 'circuit'- -clip-wire-to-battery pack - to-pre-amp-to amp ?

This still looks like the least intrusive / easiest to use...Wonder how they sound ......

Thx.

User Info Menu

The Krivo christianm77 posted above with a video may be easiest to use if that is what you want. I assume it could be mounted with Blue Stick putty or something similar so you could just slap it on and plug it into an amp without phantom power or batteries. Maybe he can weigh in on how he mounts it.

User Info Menu

Well, there is one way to find out how they sound.

User Info Menu

Right, and be sure to let us know.

User Info Menu

Dennis,
    I put a Lollar gold foil floater on my '44 L7. Couldn't be happier.
    Regarding the Barbera, I have one on a classical guitar that I use for latin tunes and I really like it too!
    It belonged to Michael Biller, RIP, a dear friend who understood and was very exacting in his requirements for these things.
    I didn't install either of them, so I can't comment on how much pain in the arse it is to do it.
    There is a volume wheel under the pickguard on the L7.
    Sounds very clean, and I've not ever noticed a hum.
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Amplifying an Acoustic Archtop - Bridge P/U or Floater (or a Mic)?-lollar-gold-foil-single-coil-jpg Amplifying an Acoustic Archtop - Bridge P/U or Floater (or a Mic)?-20200429_105621-jpg 
    Last edited by skykomishone; 08-16-2020 at 12:21 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chazmo
    The Krivo christianm77 posted above with a video may be easiest to use if that is what you want. I assume it could be mounted with Blue Stick putty or something similar so you could just slap it on and plug it into an amp without phantom power or batteries. Maybe he can weigh in on how he mounts it.
    It comes with some fancy technical tape that comes into direct contact with the guitar. Works pretty well if you keep it clean. Sounds better than using putty. I just have it on that guitar pretty much all the time.

You plug it straight in.

User Info Menu

Sort question: Does the Krivo micro Manouche work with bronze strings?

Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TomN805
    Sort question: Does the Krivo micro Manouche work with bronze strings?

Thanks
    The micro Manouche is actually designed for acoustic strings. (The micro PAF one they do is designed more for nickels) However MM sounds good with any strings .

User Info Menu

I recommend K&K Big Twins mounted on the top from the inside with super glue gel, one under each bridge foot area. Loud enough to work passive, flat so no need for a preamp if one isn't handy. Very good sound, no batteries to remember, no impact on acoustic tone. There when you need it. Practice installing first till you can pull it off when you add the super glue.