Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 51

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I don't need another amp...
    I don't need another amp...

I want a blonde Fender Tone Master Twin amp!

User Info Menu

The Blondes are really nice looking. I have the 2005 40th anniversary edition '65 Blonde Twin Reverb. Came with GE power tubes made on the original GE factory equipment and special edition speakers (brown backs). Probably my best sounding amp, but the wheat grill cloth is what makes it so cool... to me.

Fender introduces new Blonde Tone Master amps-blonde-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pauln
    The Blondes are really nice looking. I have the 2005 40th anniversary edition '65 Blonde Twin Reverb. Came with GE power tubes made on the original GE factory equipment and special edition speakers (brown backs). Probably my best sounding amp, but the wheat grill cloth is what makes it so cool... to me.

Fender introduces new Blonde Tone Master amps-blonde-jpg
    Would that work for someone who’s gluten-intolerant? Just wondering...

User Info Menu

Those aesthetics are okay, but I would rather see the Fender marketing guys bring us a Tone Master Princeton than dabbling with cab coverings.

Tone Master Princeton would be nice but Tone Master Bassman and Tone Master Tweed Deluxe would really make a huge buzz. Especially if they do as good a job with them as the blackface Tone Masters in terms of replicating the tube versions.

I wonder how much they can bring the weight of the 4x10 Bassman's with neodymium speakers. Shouldn't get heavier than Tone Master Twins I suppose.

Actually someone made a poll asking which amp people would like the see most next in the Tone Master line. Bassman and Princeton got the most votes.
    Quite surprisingly some people even voted for Tone Master Champ and Blues Junior. Seriously people! My Champ is already lighter than my guitars.

If Fender made more tonemaster amps, which one would you want it to be ? | Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

User Info Menu

If the worldwide tube production continues to decline, then Tone Master Champs, and Princetons may be great options for Fender.

User Info Menu

“did away with the bright tone cap” - what does that mean?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bach5G
    “did away with the bright tone cap” - what does that mean?
    Fender tube amp channels with a "Middle" tone control have a switch "Bright" for a capacitor on the volume control.
    The amps without a "Middle" tone control don't have a switch, but they do have the brightness capacitor just like the others but it is always "on set to bright". In all amps the effect of the brightness cap fades away as you increase rotation of the volume control, and its effect is gone at about half way up.

Some remove this capacitor on the Deluxe Reverb (I did on mine, just snipped one leg) to darken the tone for quiet playing below the amp volume control at half way up. Others just crank the volume up to "6" to defeat the bright cap and reduce the output level at the guitar... (the bright cap is defeated by rotation position of the amp volume knob (or the switch if present), not sound level.

User Info Menu

Not that I've every played them in real life, but amplitube tells me that me and my guitars very much prefer tweeds to black faces. Especially the hollow bodies. They are less scooped, less plain and more interesting, in my limited observation.

Oh, wait. These are blondes, not tweeds. Aside from the speakers, are there any substantial differences? Or is it mostly cosmetics?

User Info Menu

So new that Fender's website didn't know the blondes this morning. Wonder if the speaker swap from Jensens into Celestions applies to the black ones, too. If, it's quite a blow to SICA/Jensen, who developed a special vintage-y Neo version for the Tonemasters. To have more rock-oriented speakers on blondes only would sound strange. On my (non-exhaustive) ladder of 12" Neo speakers, Classic Tornado still reigns supreme, and Lil'Texas also gets high marks, while the Neo Creamback offers less of everything. If the overwhelming criterion is heavily distorted sound, it's almost like choosing a camera lens by its Bokeh (out-of-focus) qualities only. I hope that, despite these Covid times, some serious jazz players will have a chance to test the blondes and report their findings.

If Fender were to launch a Princeton Tonemaster, the 10", 100W Tornado would be a great speaker choice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feet
    Not that I've every played them in real life, but amplitube tells me that me and my guitars very much prefer tweeds to black faces. Especially the hollow bodies. They are less scooped, less plain and more interesting, in my limited observation.

Oh, wait. These are blondes, not tweeds. Aside from the speakers, are there any substantial differences? Or is it mostly cosmetics?
    Not only cosmetics, but not tweeds either. There is some extra modifications to the BF basic: Celestion Neo Creambacks instead of Jensen Neo Tornados and:

Additionally, they include an improved reverb control, offering easier fine-tuning at lower settings.The new editions also feature new IR cabinet simulations, captured with Shure SM57 and Sennheiser MD421 microphones.”

User Info Menu

The bright cap can be defeated on the ToneMaster Deluxe Reverb in the same way as the original Deluxe Reverb - by plugging into Channel 1 (no bright cap) and channel-jumping into Channel 2 (vibrato channel with bright cap capacitor). Well documented on different sites.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ray175
    The bright cap can be defeated on the ToneMaster Deluxe Reverb in the same way as the original Deluxe Reverb - by plugging into Channel 1 (no bright cap) and channel-jumping into Channel 2 (vibrato channel with bright cap capacitor). Well documented on different sites.....
    Your signal will be out of phase then afaik....

I think these models are more a marketing trickery. The undefeatable bright cap and abrupt reverb knob were common complaints. Instead of fixing them and releasing Tone Master V2's, they are branding them as more rock oriented Tone Masters. I wonder if they will release a firmware update for the existing models.

User Info Menu

a tone master 1 x 15 combo of some sort would be a good thing ....

best sounding fender combo combo i ever played was a fender 75

monster huge clean sound

(just me then .... sniff)

User Info Menu

It's a shame they are not blonde ERA(circuit) amps, only blonde tolex.... I want a TM Blonde 6G6 Bassman....

And that reminds me, I still need to try that Stapleton 6G2...

User Info Menu

Even better, the road worn tele is back!

User Info Menu

Since I have a Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb, I cannot help but wonder if there are any firmware upgrades in its future.

User Info Menu

I'd like to see a Tone Master Head version of the DR or Twin. Also, give it 4ohm, 8ohm and 16ohm inputs in the rear.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsclosson
    Since I have a Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb, I cannot help but wonder if there are any firmware upgrades in its future.
    was on the Fender site yesterday and could not find any updates for my ToneMaster. The improved reverb control for the Blondes is surely firmware.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsclosson
    Me too - I assume getting rid of the bright cap in the Vibrato channel was a firmware mod - I'd like to hear the difference.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    a tone master 1 x 15 combo of some sort would be a good thing ....

best sounding fender combo combo i ever played was a fender 75

monster huge clean sound

(just me then .... sniff)
    I used a Fender 75 head and matching 4 -10 cab back in the eighties and it was a great amp.

User Info Menu

It looks like the prices are up compared to the original Tonemasters. I'd love to see some A-B comparisons. These are tempting in general. I'm still muddling through with my collection of tube amps but someday maybe.

Fender announces new Tone Master Deluxe and Twin Reverb models in blonde - gearnews.com