The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello all,

I am looking at an entry level hollow body guitar and would like some feed-back. It is a Washburn HB TS model, single cutaway, single pick-up. The price is $400. I will be checking it out tonight. I am an intermediate guitar player but a novice jazzer. I have, and use, a Godin Montreal Premiere but looking to add a new sonic Jazzbox - depending on condition it seems like a good price? Any thoughts, ideas, or opinions would be welcome.

I have spent much time in the Forum; watching, listening, and enjoying the plethora of knowledge and banter. Thanks to you all for keeping me updated and informed.

Beaubs

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Never mind. Quality was sub-standard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubs
    Never mind. Quality was sub-standard
    I was gonna say ... The Godin Montreal Premiere is a nice guitar. A guy I know has one and gets a great jazz sound out of it. I'd say stick with that until you have a better sense of what you're looking for in an archtop.

John

User Info Menu

Thanks John and yes, the Godin is an outstanding guitar. I occasionally have a moment of weakness when I see an interesting guitar at what seems to be a decent price, I liken it to my dog when he is relaxing peacefully then eyes a squirrel - It's all very dangerous and exciting.

User Info Menu

I have a Washburn j600k. Inexpensive. Replaced all the electronics, added a string ground and had the frets leveled. Poor finish QC. Great neck and it gave me the desire for a better archtop. The Washburn is now dormant in its case while love my Gibson 175. The Washburn did it’s job. Let me learn how to rewire through the f holes and realize I really do like playing an electric archtop.