The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

can anyone review the polytone mini brute II (the newest with sonic circuit)?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polytone Mini Brute II (Sonic Version)-0523d975-a326-4c96-9c5b-16f96dfdc326-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 08-07-2020 at 09:00 PM.

User Info Menu

The newer MB II is a great jazz amp. I just used the regular channel, not the Sonic channel. The "Polytone " sound is in the regular channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    The newer MB II is a great jazz amp. I just used the regular channel, not the Sonic channel. The "Polytone " sound is in the regular channel.
    what about the mysterious sonic circuit?

User Info Menu

A lot of people like the old pre-sonic circuit ones. I used both in rehearsals and what not (never owned one), the old ones I played had very different, larger cabinets. I guess that's where the difference comes from. I can't say I preferred one over the other. But never did a side by side comparison.

User Info Menu

The Sonic circuit is Polytone's take on a variable gain circuit . Nothing inherently wrong there. It's just that I don't use them on any amp.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

These were a good choice back in the 1980s But things have improved with technology and reliability. Quilter is way more reliable, lighter and more powerful.
    There are also other good options like Evans, Henrickson,etc.