The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posts 76 to 100 of 116

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    My wife wants a change of scenery. We also want to live near a bigger city.
    What are you a 100 miles from Vancouver? More people is nothing but a headache too. She’d not like being stuck in traffic I guarantee you that.

We often feel the grass is greener. I drive to Seattle for Chinese food and live jazz. When it was safe to do so. That’s it. I’m living in my small hole.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    What are you a 100 miles from Vancouver?
    400km. Over mountain passes that I don't drive in the winter.

More people is nothing but a headache too. She’d not like being stuck in traffic I guarantee you that.

We often feel the grass is greener. I drive to Seattle for Chinese food and live jazz. When it was safe to do so. That’s it. I’m living in my small hole.
    I hear you. There's a dollop of the-grass-is-always-greener in my thoughts.

I'm not dissing where I live in the Okanagan, It's a tourist.destination.

This is my local dog park.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    400km. Over mountain passes that I don't drive in the winter.

I hear you. There's a dollop of the-grass-is-always-greener in my thoughts.

I'm not dissing where I live in the Okanagan, It's a tourist.destination.

This is my local dog park.

Looks really nice. A dog park with a view. Who’d have imagined that!

User Info Menu

Now I suspect some of you are really going to think we've gone insane ... We're finding the feeding frenzy in the real estate market here in Halifax to be more trouble than we think it's worth so we're now considering Moncton New Brunswick where the weather is considerably more "Canadian".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    Now I suspect some of you are really going to think we've gone insane ... We're finding the feeding frenzy in the real estate market here in Halifax to be more trouble than we think it's worth so we're now considering Moncton New Brunswick where the weather is considerably more "Canadian".
    In terms of amenities, especially music, you’d be far better off in Montreal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcjazz
    In terms of amenities, especially music, you’d be far better off in Montreal.
    Yeah but it's all about priorities at this point in our lives. Check this out.

For sale: 71 Gibson, Moncton, New Brunswick E1E2K4 - M130032 | REALTOR.ca

And realistically, the amenities that mean the most to us at this point are walking trails, affordability, nice housing and a strong twelve step community (preferably in English).

User Info Menu

And realistically, the amenities that mean the most to us at this point are walking trails, affordability, nice housing and a strong twelve step community (preferably in English).
    I spent a lot of time in NB about 10 years ago, researching a book. At that time, at least, Moncton had less to offer than Fredericton from a quality of life perspective. I think house prices are roughly comparable. I would also consider St John if I was casting the net wider. Good luck in your search!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcjazz
    I spent a lot of time in NB about 10 years ago, researching a book. At that time, at least, Moncton had less to offer than Fredericton from a quality of life perspective. I think house prices are roughly comparable. I would also consider St John if I was casting the net wider. Good luck in your search!
    Thanks. We're hoping to take one more run at a house here tonight. We'll see how that goes.

User Info Menu

[Ooh, that's a nice house!]

Happy hunting!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    [Ooh, that's a nice house!]

Happy hunting!
    Thanks. It's an absolutely insane seller's market here in Halifax. Just incredibly frustrating. Apparently Moncton's not much better but the prices are a lot lower.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 08-05-2020 at 07:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Getting back to the amp part of the discussion ... ever since Joe suggested going back to the modeling route I've been researching the options and it's remarkable how deep the field has become. There are quality modelers now at every price point from under $200 all the way to over $2000 but I think given my very limited pallet that the Strymon Iridium really appeals to me. And out of left field the Milkman "The Amp", while very expensive is also worth a serious look both as a head and as a combo. I even came into a little extra money this week, so I'm feeling a bit more willing to spend than usual.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 08-06-2020 at 07:27 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bach5G
    And 30 minutes to both the Bay of Fundy and the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 08-06-2020 at 07:25 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bach5G
    Stay away! It will screw with yer pickups!

User Info Menu

That’s very impressive, and huge for $240k!

How far from the nearest city? Not that one has to be near one, just curious.

User Info Menu

That’s very impressive, and huge for $240k!

How far from the nearest city? Not that one has to be near one, just curious.
    About 2.5 hours to Halifax. 7.5 hours to Quebec City. And Moncton is about 150,000 so it's not really rural.

User Info Menu

About 2.5 hours to Halifax. 7.5 hours to Quebec City. And Moncton is about 150,000 so it's not really rural.
    Doesn’t matter if you can adjust to living outside a city. I really like that house. But you’d have to buy several amps to fill it up!

User Info Menu

it's got the right address too

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    it's got the right address too
    Nice wood too. We made a very generous offer on it this afternoon so we'll know by tomorrow if that's going to be home.

User Info Menu

who cares about amps, it looks great Jim, best of luck!

User Info Menu

Nice wood too. We made a very generous offer on it this afternoon so we'll know by tomorrow if that's going to be home.
    Crossing fingers for you. I’ve heard a few Strymon pedals and they sound a class above the rest. I’d expect the amp to do that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Wow Jim! A 3br/4ba built in our lifetimes on half an acre? You can get that in Santa Monica, just add another zero to the right of the asking price.

Plus the added perks like steps to the beach, wild fires, earthquakes, and COVID like the Plague. But there is hockey. I love hockey.

User Info Menu

Jim, I'm not sure if it would work for you but have you looked at the Spark Amp from Positive Grid? The folks that have reviewed them on YouTube all have really liked them. I ordered one on Saturday but don't yet have a ship date for it. That brings up one of the two issues, that I'm aware of. First, you asked for output to a cab. The Spark is a practice amp and has no output for a cab. The second issue is that of shipping. Early adopters complained of it taking months to receive their amps. As I said, I have no ship date yet but am hopeful I will receive it in a few weeks. We'll see. Meanwhile, here is a link to Darrell Braun's YouTube review.

Good luck in your search.

Cary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Copablitz
    Jim, I'm not sure if it would work for you but have you looked at the Spark Amp from Positive Grid? The folks that have reviewed them on YouTube all have really liked them.
    That thing looks fun !

Play it some chords and it makes up a backing for you !

Let us know how that works out , will you ?

User Info Menu

Wait, you're going to live in a 71 Gibson? A guess a Super 400 might work.

John