The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

These look pricey but really interesting. Both open back and closed back versions. The Open back is 14 lbs and the closed back is 15 lbs. 12 3/8 H x 14 1/8 W x 9 3/8" D. US price is $379. I have no idea if that's MSRP or street. They seem like a good match to one of the many new small class D type amps that are appearing on the market for a small rig with lots of volume and headroom.

Here's the closed back
    Mesa Boogie 1x10 Boogie Closed Back Extension Cabinet | MESA/Boogie(R)

And here's the open back
    Mesa Boogie 1x10 Boogie Open Back Extension Cabinet | MESA/Boogie(R)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

of course mesa makes quality gear, but these compact 10's while lightweight, use speakers that are rated for 45 watts max...which if combined with, say. a mb200 watt class d is not ideal!

street is 379$

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    of course mesa makes quality gear, but these compact 10's while lightweight, use speakers that are rated for 45 watts max...which if combined with, say. a mb200 watt class d is not ideal!

street is 379$

cheers
    I was thinking more of the 50 DV MArks and the 45 watt Quilters or even those little Vox Heads.

User Info Menu

I have always been happy with the Mesa Boogie stuff I have. These could be used with a Mark 5 (25 or 35 watt version) or a Filmore head.
    Mesa clean channels have been sounding good to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    I was thinking more of the 50 DV MArks and the 45 watt Quilters or even those little Vox Heads.
    ok..just wanted to give a heads up..btw..those little vox heads look like toys, but are good sounding!!!

cheers

User Info Menu

Mesa Boogie is a great company! That said you might want to look at Quilter cab options since they usually have a bit more power handling speakers.

I've been really happy with the Celestion 12 300 Neo speaker as well as DV Mark 150 watt Neodymium Silver speaker and cab. Both are extremely light weight and powerful!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Mesa Boogie is a great company! That said you might want to look at Quilter cab options since they usually have a bit more power handling speakers.

I've been really happy with the Celestion 12 300 Neo speaker as well as DV Mark 150 watt Neodymium Silver speaker and cab. Both are extremely light weight and powerful!
    I'm back at square one. I've sold everything in the apartment with a speaker in it. We head back to Canada on Friday and it's too expensive to ship heavy things so I'll be amp shopping as son as we get out of quarantine.

User Info Menu

safe journey...safe return

all the best

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    safe journey...safe return

all the best

cheers
    Thanks. It's been a seriously crazy couple of weeks getting ready.

User Info Menu

Best wishes, Jim. It's been a crazy n months even without planning on making an international move. I hope things go well and smoothly. Are you going back to the Vancouver area?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    Best wishes, Jim. It's been a crazy n months even without planning on making an international move. I hope things go well and smoothly. Are you going back to the Vancouver area?
    No, we're headed to Halifax.