The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 41 of 41

User Info Menu

If anyone is interested, I am selling my near mint Tal at an extremely aggressive price. Please don't PM me here.

Gibson Tal Farlow - Excellent Condition Jim Hutchinson | eBay

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Confirming It’s already sold?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djelley
    If anyone is interested, I am selling my near mint Tal at an extremely aggressive price. Please don't PM me here.

Ouch!
    I woulda pulled the trigger had I seen this an hour earlier..
    Ugh!

User Info Menu

As far as neck profiles on mine (2014 / 2018) they are a perfect medium profile identical to the neck on my L5 Wes. Crimson seemed to be very consistent. Like I said, don't know about now after bankruptcy.
    Last edited by vinnyv1k; 07-22-2020 at 06:52 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Joe ,
    You know that Vinny and I usually agree on the best Gibsons, you could do a lot worse than a Tal Farlow, the videos speak volumes.
    Hate to say it but I did recommend one to you ..... !!
    Best 007
    007, I know you did. After I get my L5 who knows, I might breakup with a guitar I own now and replace it with a Tal. I would love to have another Tal. But not more than the L5.
    JD

User Info Menu

Good stuff JD, i hope that you can soon acquire an L5, and a companion TF alongside it.
    The dynamic duo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djelley

Wow that must have been the best deal on a Tal I have ever seen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    As far as neck profiles on mine (2014 / 2018) they are a perfect medium profile identical to the neck on my L5 Wes. Crimson seemed to be very consistent. Like I said, don't know about now after bankruptcy.
    Same on my 1998. The neck is kind of like L5 ...

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    DM,
    Vinny told me the best sound I ever achieved was when I recorded with a Tal. I've been told I only really play chord melody in the form of Sleeping pills.

Quite frankly, they do everything right.
    Sorry Guys.. But here's a couple of oldies but goodies..

I should be ashamed of myself..
    JD
    Very nice going there Joe! Get yourself another Tal!

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    DM,
    Vinny told me the best sound I ever achieved was when I recorded with a Tal. I've been told I only really play chord melody in the form of Sleeping pills.

Quite frankly, they do everything right.
    Sorry Guys.. But here's a couple of oldies but goodies..

I should be ashamed of myself..
    JD
    Joe, how could I forget! I believe I've watched all of your videos and for some reason my brain cramped about your videos of you and the Tal! Duh!
    Between you and Andy Brown (as someone mentiined) that is plenty proof of a Tals sound for Chord Melody!

User Info Menu

So happy to have found it on the GC site of all places
    Why are Gibson Tal Farlow Reissues so Consistently Good?-img_0157-jpg
    , they shipped it from Houston to Albany, NY where I paid $3,000 for it after inspection. Perfect.

User Info Menu

Great work there Sir! Enjoy that cutie… what year?

User Info Menu

Nicely done, boatheelmusic! Gorgeous viceroy brown burst. Again, nicely done! Enjoy.

User Info Menu

Sometimes the sales reps at GC fail to adequately search the marketplace for used gear pricing. That leads them to under price some used gear. Over the years and after patient searching GC Used, I found a few under-priced hidden gems.

@Boatheelmusic~Your $3k Tal Farlow was a great deal! Play it like you (almost) stole it.

User Info Menu

I had two that needed planing and refretting