The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 55

User Info Menu

Just for fun, if this kind of topic is not ok for the forum sorry.

I became a fan of black guitars in general, if you have a black archtop I wanna see it!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Years ago I passed on a Black L-5C (I went home to sleep on it and when I went back the next day to buy it, she was gone)

But I do have a Black Les Paul Studio (which has an arched top)

Show Me Your Black Archtop-black-lester-jpg

User Info Menu

Not mine, but I've always liked the Ibanez PM100BK model.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Years ago I passed on a Black L-5C (I went home to sleep on it and when I went back the next day to buy it, she was gone)

You have a vineyard on your boulevard?

User Info Menu

1937 L50 turned into an ES-150 by Dutch luthier Daniël Slaman.

Show Me Your Black Archtop-l50_es150-jpg

This guitar is identical to the first 10 electric guitars ever produced by Gibson in 1936, as a demonstration batch of the ES-150s that were released in 1937. It is equipped with a Charlie Christian mic' from CC UK. Wide neck but very easy to play.
    And it sounds like this:

Cheers

User Info Menu

Not mine but I have one exactly like it:

Show Me Your Black Archtop-000053-jpg

User Info Menu

Here's my monster. Old and beaten up, but a joy to play.Show Me Your Black Archtop-20200716_161250-jpg

User Info Menu

My HRF III
    I think it's the only black guitar I currently own.
    Show Me Your Black Archtop-hrf3c-jpg

User Info Menu

Here are mine:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger

I went to an audition with a black 335 dressed like you (minus the hat) and even though I aced their test sets, they never called me back.

I wonder if the fact that it was a religious organization had anything to do with it? :-)

I wear a lot of dark (Blue, black, green, grey) clothes. A GF once asked me to wash some of her clothes in my "delicate" wash, I explained I only have two loads, whites and everything else... she took her Victoria's Secret stuff home :-) Since then I threw away all of my whites and now only have an "everything" wash. Ah, the simple life.

User Info Menu

1996/1997 Lacey Premier Black Archtop Electric Guitar, Serial | Lot #85022 | Heritage Auctions

Shameless promotion - great starting price, beautiful guitar built in the spirit of a vintage d'angelico by a noted master luthier, minty condition, ladder bracing, pickup rebuilt by Lindy Fralin, Mark Lacey was one of the luthiers selected to make a blue guitar in the Scott Chinery collection. I'm reducing my guitar collection and thought I would try Heritage Auctions. I am probably going to lose my shirt and my Lacey. But this very playable guitar needs to be in the hands of a player and not mostly stored in a display case (It is a piece of art, though).

Show Me Your Black Archtop-fullsizeoutput_11d2-jpeg

User Info Menu

Here's mine:

Show Me Your Black Archtop-godin-jpg

John
    Last edited by John A.; 07-16-2020 at 05:49 PM.

User Info Menu

WOW Easy !!! How come you didn't list that beauty here ? Gorgeous.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Easy2grasp
    1996/1997 Lacey Premier Black Archtop Electric Guitar, Serial | Lot #85022 | Heritage Auctions

Shameless promotion - great starting price, beautiful guitar built in the spirit of a vintage d'angelico by a noted master luthier, minty condition, ladder bracing, pickup rebuilt by Lindy Fralin, Mark Lacey was one of the luthiers selected to make a blue guitar in the Scott Chinery collection. I'm reducing my guitar collection and thought I would try Heritage Auctions. I am probably going to lose my shirt and my Lacey. But this very playable guitar needs to be in the hands of a player and not mostly stored in a display case (It is a piece of art, though).

Show Me Your Black Archtop-fullsizeoutput_11d2-jpeg

Let's get a closer look at your black beauty...

User Info Menu

It's black and has a carved arched top.

Show Me Your Black Archtop-blackarchtop-jpg

User Info Menu

Here’s mine. Rodebald Hoyer all solid , with a bit of a dodgy restoration. It sounds wonderful, loud and balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Show Me Your Black Archtop-imgp6057-jpg

Thanks for share your beuties folks, Im designing my archtop and I want it black, but so hard to pick the body shape !!

User Info Menu

Another body shape to consider:

User Info Menu

Or this:

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Or this:

Yeap, I cant decide, Im thinking in a Tele-ish style, but also tempted about a L5 or L4 style, I preffer singlecuts. So hard to pick just 1 model, no budget for more !!

User Info Menu

Just got this 3 weeks ago and cannot put it down.
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Me Your Black Archtop-335-jpg 

User Info Menu

1935 L-30. Original black, heavy road-worn with stories I'll never fully know...

Show Me Your Black Archtop-35-gibson-black-l-30-jpg

User Info Menu

Not mine, but pretty cool.

Show Me Your Black Archtop-s-l1600-jpg

User Info Menu

A couple old favorites with original black finishes.
    My '45 L-7 and '52 ES-150.

Show Me Your Black Archtop-c19b43ae-4553-4783-9a08-7cd76464f7a9_1_201_a-jpg
    Last edited by zizala; 07-17-2020 at 10:41 AM.