User Info Menu

over all the things you

are.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks for the sharing, sounds great

User Info Menu

Nice 175 ! New axe Jack ? Sounds great.

yeah, just got it today. First time playing an archtop in almost 6 months. I sold almost all my gear earlier in the year.

and thanks guys for listening!

User Info Menu

I hear sound on every video except that one.

Never mind, browser "feature" stopped it.

User Info Menu

That has always been my favorite Gibson color. Cherry sunburst top with the walnut color sides. Gorgeous ! Nice score Jack.

User Info Menu

Thanks so much! Made my day!
    Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    over all the things you

are.

User Info Menu

Hi, J,
    IMO cherry sunburst is the most beautiful color combination Gibson ever made. Can you give us some specific details about your new guitar and what set-up you've used? Good playing . . . Marinero

Thanks, after playing the guitar for a couple days I think I can say that it's the best 175 I've owned. I literally went through 10 of them to find one that sounded like this. It has the gutty thunk of the '89 but also speaks a bit more clearly in the treble register so it's the best of both worlds.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    Thanks, after playing the guitar for a couple days I think I can say that it's the best 175 I've owned. I literally went through 10 of them to find one that sounded like this. It has the gutty thunk of the '89 but also speaks a bit more clearly in the treble register so it's the best of both worlds.
    You are a true GAS pioneer. We salute you!

User Info Menu

Left a comment but will leave another here - wonderful playing, thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by neilspeers View Post
    Left a comment but will leave another here - wonderful playing, thanks for sharing
    thanks so much. I'm grateful and appreciative. It's a tough time for us all. I'm hoping to get to the next level in my playing and every bit of encouragement helps!

Great playing and great sounding guitar! Love that cherry sunburst too! What's the neck like on it?

thanks, the neck is slim at the first fret and then tapers up to a medium C.

User Info Menu

Awesome playing, JAZ. I've always wondered, what guage strings you use(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    Awesome playing, JAZ. I've always wondered, what guage strings you use(?)
    for many years I have used thomastik JS112 strings. On the slimmer guitars I typically bump the top 2 strings up to .014 and .018. This guitar has some type of .012 flats on it. They are not chromes or thomastiks and i'm probably going to switch them out at one point. They have gold ball ends and a blue wrap on the peghead side. Not sure what they are though. [edit] a quick search returns that pyramid uses the blue wrap so maybe that's what's on there. If so, it would be the 13-54 set

User Info Menu

Great playing and very stimulating to listen to. My chops and vocabulary are so limited. When I listen to you I hear a whole universe of musical ideas that I hope someday I can assimilate into my own limited efforts.

You're inspiring!

Thanks so much. I feel like i'm at the ledge looking over the abyss at the next level. Trying to get there playing alone is a challenge. I'm practicing more with just drum loops instead of BIAB or a metronome. I think it helps a lot.

User Info Menu

Glad it worked out for you Jack Z. Play in good health!

Quote Originally Posted by jads57 View Post
    Glad it worked out for you Jack Z. Play in good health!
    thanks brother. Best to you as well.