The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Posts 151 to 167 of 167

User Info Menu

My current bigger board, I also have a smaller pedaltrain nano with 5 pedals for simpler gigs. If I need more than this one I use a multi effect.

I can't stress the need for a buffered pedal enough, if you use a lot of true bypass pedals without a buffer early in the chain you will be shocked if you A/B your guitar with and without the pedalboard. I still need to work on that with this board..

Show Your Pedalboards!-img_20200714_110351-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

[guitar] -> hum debugger -> tuner -> El Pescadoro (preamp/reverb) -> power amp -> [cabinet]

User Info Menu

Nothing for Jazz; this for Rock/Pop:
    Show Your Pedalboards!-my-effects-jpg
    The Rock Bug makes my JazzAmp 112 sound a bit more like a Twin Reverb and doubles as an emergency amp backup straight into a PA.

User Info Menu

Talking about buffers for a pedal board:

User Info Menu

This thread's been around a long time now but today is the first time I've looked at it.
    I never had a pedalboard before. (It's been a long time since I played with effects and then they were just scattered on my bedroom floor, where I used them for home recording back in my cassette 4-track period.)
    I don't have one now, for that matter, but I'm thinking about it.

At the moment I'm only using two pedals: a Rowin Tiny Looper (practice only) and a Sweet Baby Overdrive that Frank (fep) gave me because he got a smaller one and didn't need two, so... I love that thing.

A lot of the songs I write are more in the rock / country / Americana / blues / R&B vein (-I think of my musical wheelhouse as late '60s AM radio: that's when I was 9, 10, and 11 years old). Some effects seem useful. I have a Fender amp whose reverb I like, so I'm not looking for a pedal for that. Probably distortion and something atmospheric as much of my music is sparse. Maybe a chorus.

But first things first, I think I need a board. Even with only two pedals the coil of wires around my feet is growing. Consolidation is needed.

I gather aluminum alloy boards are the most common sort nowadays. Is one pretty much the same as another? (Aside from size variance, I mean.)

User Info Menu

Here is an old pic of my set up, I have added a Leslie rack unit and Two true stereo pedals.Show Your Pedalboards!-pedal-board-looper-trio-eq-amps-jpg

User Info Menu

Cool thread! Here's my Mad Professor board used for a recent solo set playing archtop, flat top and electric:

Show Your Pedalboards!-pedal_board-jpg

Used the tremolo on an archtop for a Tony Mottola kinda warble for standards, chorus on a flat top giving a Gabor Szabo type vibe to a Led Zepp acoustic medley, and the delay for a Frisellish take on a Beatles tune with the electric. The reverb was on more or less throughout, adjusted to taste. Gotta love the professors!

User Info Menu

Show Your Pedalboards!-iu-3-jpeg

User Info Menu

My pedals currently live in a pile. At some point I’ll make up a board if I ever have to do a gig again. Will be quite fun. Like the sound of the Velcro.

User Info Menu

I’ve got some good ones tho. My favourites:
    - Nocturne Brain El Pescadoro
    - Gamechanger plus
    - Audiosprockets Tonedexter
    - EHX Synth 9
    - Boss OC3

Oi David B I have to give you back your El Pescadoro at some point? Thanks so much!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoshGuitar
    I'm still waiting for all the spaghetti, but in the meantime here's my box of tricks
    Attachment 6744
    Right now I use zero pedals, but it's nice to see how many I owned through the years. I believe I owned 5 of your pedalboard. And that is only your pedalboard, Scrolling through other boards I keep thinking 'ah, I used that one aswell . . . '

User Info Menu

I'm a practicing jazz guitarist. This means I practice at home but
    do not make a practice of playing electric guitar in public. During
    the non-pandemic eras I play Appalachian string band music in
    public on fiddle, mandolin, banjo and guitar - unplugged all.

On the floor, attached to a Pedaltrain nano, right to left are a
    Korg Pitchblack tuner, TC Electronics Ditto, EHX Freeze, the
    footswitch control for a Digitech Trio+ and an A/B/Y for amp
    switching. The Trio+ is off the floor within easy reach for knob
    spinning. All practice tools. If I can rationalize the need for
    a delay, I'll add that at some point too.

Show Your Pedalboards!-photogrid_1608471701190-jpg
    Last edited by Michael Neverisky; 12-20-2020 at 02:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Latest

Show Your Pedalboards!-img-20201205-001837-2-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky

On the floor, attached to a Pedaltrain nano, right to left are a
    Kork Pitchblack tuner, TC Electronics Ditto, EHX Freeze, the
    footswitch control for a Digitech Trio+ and an A/B/Y for amp
    switching. The Trio+ is off the floor within easy reach for knob
    spinning. All practice tools. If I can rationalize the need for
    a delay, I'll add that at some point too.

Show Your Pedalboards!-photogrid_1608471701190-jpg
    About that DigiTech Trio---could you tell me a bit more about that?
    Back in old days I had a drum machine I could control with footswitches and I like to play guitar, sing, and have the drums going at once. Kinda like Tony Joe White. (I saw him live once and it was just him---vox, guitar, harmonica---and a drummer. Great show.) I miss that.
    Was wondering if a pedal like this would be an aid to songwriting (or at least fun when playing my own songs home alone).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    About that DigiTech Trio---could you tell me a bit more about that?
    Hey Mark,
    Here's a quick demo below. I know much more can be done with the unit that
    would likely support a one man band, but that's beyond my interest and knowledge
    at the moment.

User Info Menu

Here's mine.
    Show Your Pedalboards!-pedalboard-jpg

User Info Menu

My newest pedal board:

Detail:

I actually put this together for my weekly blues-jamsession, to have some drive sounds under my feet and a wah-wah. This is the maximum size that still fits in the front pocket of my guitar bag so I can travel light and just use one of the house amps.
    Last edited by Little Jay; 01-01-2023 at 12:50 PM.