The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Well, sort of ...

A lofi clip on my 1952 ES 350 through my Katana.

It's Miss Jones but judging from what I hear it is "Moaning." I should stick to direct recording.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Smoking fast chord changes. Tal would be proud.

User Info Menu

Wonderful tone and fantastic voicings for a challenging tune.

User Info Menu

Great to see a post and video from you. So enjoyable to hear you play and look at that guitar!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Wonderful tone and fantastic voicings for a challenging tune.
    Thanks. It's my own arrangement. I did steal some ideas though. My chord melodies change all the time. They are a work in progress. Somehow I like Tal's concept of playing chord melodies a lot.

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    Great to see a post and video from you. So enjoyable to hear you play and look at that guitar!
    That guitar is a dream come true. For many years I have been looking and lusting for 350s but over here they are incredibly rare and very expensive. I never thought I would actually ever own one. Let alone a blonde .... The guitar is in great condition but needs some maintenance but I cannot bring myself yet to leave her with the guitar tech.

DB

User Info Menu

Recording sounds great to me.

But with good playing like that, tone doesn't matter as much.

User Info Menu

Outstanding DB.
    Very clean, no slurring. As for taking ideas from others, even the masters heard what they play somewhere and sometime in there lives. And that becomes the template for their style. We all do it. Just not as good as you..
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Big sound actually sounds more like Barney Kessel.... big a full. Great job!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Outstanding DB.
    Very clean, no slurring. As for taking ideas from others, even the masters heard what they play somewhere and sometime in there lives. And that becomes the template for their style. We all do it. Just not as good as you..
    Joe D
    Thanks for listening Joe!

Yes, you are describing the principle of imitation-assimilation-innovation ... That's how it works.

DB

User Info Menu

Dutchbopper,

Homerun! Out of the park.

The guitar is to die for.

User Info Menu

awesome

User Info Menu

A ton of cash for that great guitar but worth every penny. I remember paying $7.5K for my blonde L5. A bitter pill to swallow but the sticker shock quickly faded. Awesome axe and now in the right hands.
    Bravo Dick !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    A ton of cash for that great guitar but worth every penny. I remember paying $7.5K for my blonde L5. A bitter pill to swallow but the sticker shock quickly faded. Awesome axe and now in the right hands.
    Bravo Dick !
    Thanks so much Vinny. Yeah, I never paid as much for a guitar as I did for the 350 (think L5 price realm) but it so special. It's like owning and playing a piece of jazz guitar history. Ever since I heard Tal's 50s recordings I wanted one ... And it DOES have that 50s bop vibe in spades.

The ES 300 that I own too is for sale now. It sounds equally great but one 17" vintage bopper is enough.

DB

User Info Menu

Nice playing and, no surprise, a very nice guitar. What is a surprise, is how well it sounds through a very inexpensive amp. It makes me wonder if we need to rethink expensive specialty amps.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chazmo
    Nice playing and, no surprise, a very nice guitar. What is a surprise, is how well it sounds through a very inexpensive amp. It makes me wonder if we need to rethink expensive specialty amps.
    Yes, the amp is not a quality amp. But the guitar is very good though.

Maybe you'd be interested in what the guitar sounds like being recorded directly (pre-amp) only. See vid below.

DB

User Info Menu

Very nice!