User Info Menu

Anyone try it yet? Looks very enticing. One drawback: I usually run compression before OD and boost after... so with this pedal would either have to use its own “dirty” boost, or amp gain...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nope, but I will use this compressor-themed thread to my purposes. I finally scored a used Diamond Compressor Junior. Mostly getting it for jangly guitarisms, funky stabs, hopefully a bit of squash. Still, I am curious to hear how it works subtly sweetening up e.g. chord melody playing and giving a dash more sustain.

Edit: Now I just need a Boss CE-2W to complete my Eighties transformation.

PS. The Compadre seems to get less attention in the Strymon line-up.

User Info Menu

I actually have the Mooer yellow comp, the respectable diamond knock-off. Sounds good, but would be cool to also have that dynacomp sound at the ready...

Hard to hear comp in demo videos. Wampler ego mini looks cool too.

User Info Menu

I got the Diamond Jr today. Really like it so far with the Comp at about 1/4, volume at unity and EQ adjusted to cut/boost slightly depending on guitar. Not overbearing so it doesn't get tiresome on the ears. Of course, this is my first compressor so no comparisons.

I agree, comp can seem like pretty abstract in demos but I can now see its uses. Glad to hear you enjoy the Mooer, and I also like that Dynacomp/Ross Compressor sound.