The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posts 76 to 100 of 104

User Info Menu

I’ve used Music Nomad on my guitars. My ‘70 L5 had some pretty caked on stuff when I got her and I used their “One” product, which is a polish cleaner and wax all over the guitar and hardware. It worked really great and I didn’t know the guitar could look as shiny as it did by the time I was done. I also have their polish but haven’t used it yet because the One product was so good. I think next time I might try the polish too after cleaning just to try it.

I’ve also used it on my Eastman and es-175 so it seems safe for nitro finishes. And of course poly is fine too as I’ve used it on my other guitars as well. I should also mention that it didn’t feel waxy or anything even though it is said to be a polish cleaner and wax. I basically just felt like a clean guitar but looked very clean and shiny like it had been waxed.

Best Guitar Polish for Removing Smudges/Grime?-music-nomad-guitar-polish-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I use a damp cloth and nothing more.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Virtuoso cleaner and polish. Or just the cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by rio
    I’ve used Music Nomad on my guitars. My ‘70 L5 had some pretty caked on stuff when I got her and I used their “One” product, which is a polish cleaner and wax all over the guitar and hardware. It worked really great and I didn’t know the guitar could look as shiny as it did by the time I was done. I also have their polish but haven’t used it yet because the One product was so good. I think next time I might try the polish too after cleaning just to try it.

I’ve also used it on my Eastman and es-175 so it seems safe for nitro finishes. And of course poly is fine too as I’ve used it on my other guitars as well. I should also mention that it didn’t feel waxy or anything even though it is said to be a polish cleaner and wax. I basically just felt like a clean guitar but looked very clean and shiny like it had been waxed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hi Rio,

thanks for pointing out on Music-Nomade! I’ve researchd about them and can tell that they make very high quality products. I‘ve ordered they’re Guitar Cleaner and Polish!
    Last edited by JazzmanLehmann; 06-14-2018 at 08:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    I’d always read/been told never never Pledge on your guitar, as it contains silicone and other nasty things that aren’t good for your guitar.

Does that version of Pledge (Wood, that I’ve never seen or heard of) have a different composition that makes it guitar friendly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Hot breath and an old flannel.

Polishing guitars is silly, the bassist is just gonna drool on it again.

User Info Menu

I found a good read from Frank Ford on the subject....

FRETS.COM

User Info Menu

Virtuoso the BEST!

User Info Menu

Bear in mind that most cleaners are mild abrasives. Go gentle and sparingly if using them, especially on thin nitro finishes. A microfiber or flannel cloth barely damp with water is easier on the finish and will get most stuff off. A silicone-free fine furniture paste wax sparingly applied and buffed will make it shine.

User Info Menu

I still like good ole Dunlop 65. plus it smells nice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B
    I’d always read/been told never never Pledge on your guitar, as it contains silicone and other nasty things that aren’t good for your guitar.

Does that version of Pledge (Wood, that I’ve never seen or heard of) have a different composition that makes it guitar friendly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is from a old thread:

It's 2017 and I miss Jimmy so much. I have so many stories about him; a true character, brilliant, beautiful man and I loved him. I cherish my D'Aquisto guitars and play the crap out of them just as told me to do. So years ago I'm watching him use Lemon Pledge to shine up his latest masterpieces and he turns to me and says " I don't know why they (Lemon Pledge) won't contact me to do a commercial?" I'm always in awe of the guy so it took me a moment to absorb what he was saying, then suddenly I realize he's right! He's the greatest guitar maker in the world and where the hell is Lemon Pledge people?

User Info Menu

Does anyone have any experience with music nomad guitar polish?
    I need a polisher to clean up smudges and grime on a sunburst gibson 175 and I heard about that polisher.

User Info Menu

I use it. I like it. It works well with poly and lacquer and the polish has a very fine abrasive that really restores the gloss. I put it on, let it fog over and after a few minutes buff it off. I also use the wax to protect the surface. Then I feel fine forgetting all about it.

User Info Menu

Good to know. I heard good things about music nomad and virtuoso guitar polish
    but virtuoso its impossible to find here where I live. Thanks

User Info Menu

I've used the Jim Dunlop products too. I've only done a few guitars with them but I like what they did. I don't know how they do with lacquer, but they seemed to be of high quality.

User Info Menu

Music Nomad makes great stuff. You may wish to use the Guitar Detailer or All In One for a spitshine finish instead as the Polish contains a mild abrasive.

I have 3 bottles of Virtuoso Polish and one bottle Cleaner but find that I use a lightly dampened cotton cloth with mild soap most of the time. I use the Music Nomad Detailer or All In One, depending on my mood, about once or twice a year. The All In One looks a lot like Zymol Car Wax. I won't be surprised at all if they are the same product.

User Info Menu

I use a damp microfibre (water only, thoroughly wrung out) and a second polishing cloth to dry. I don't think I've used polish for the last 20 years. It leaves the guitar wax free, clean and no smudges under stage lights. Or any other light for that matter. Try it.

User Info Menu

+1 for microfibre. No need for chemicals. Save the planet

User Info Menu

I'll put in a plug for Stew Mac Preservation polish. Good product without silicone. Smells nice, and a bottle lasts FOREVER...

User Info Menu

Do you guys just use guitar polish or something else?

The specific issue I'm referring to is the strip along the fretboard where one's hands are, obviously. The body binding is still white and bright, no problem.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't use anything else - that plastic binding could suffer when you wipe it down with something more agressive ....

User Info Menu

I gently wipe my guitars down with a micro fiber cloth after each use. The back of the neck gets a bit more stokes due to skin oils and perspiration.

User Info Menu

I don't worry about it. The aging and patina of a well played guitar end up being part of its charm to me. But then I also never liked brand new clean tennis shoes, either.

User Info Menu

I just use guitar polish. I believe the binding is covered with the same finish as the rest of the guitar.